Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat and Illustraor Show Different Content

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have received a PDF file to work with its text, which was exported from Illustrator. The issue is when I open it in Illustrator (several versions), I see a different artboard:

4-AdobeIllustrator.png 

In Illustrator, there are only three layers, and nothing similar to the Acrobat's vision of the document (or of any other PDF viewer): 

4-AdobeAcrobat.png

I cannot work in Acrobat Pro, because text is saved as image and is too bold to understand the letters:

4-AdobeAcrobatText.png

Though the guy says, that other editors had no problem with it. Here are the examples of part of PDF and the same part in their document after work:

4-AdobeAcrobat-PressureSensors.png

4-CorelDraw-PressureSensors.png

According to the data of their file, it was saved via CorelDraw. But if CorelDraw opens it correctly, Illustrator should also somehow open it. Perhaps, without the option to edit text, but without bold lines as well.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is not a general purpose PDF editor.

Let them hand you the original AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, they do not have it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to persuade them of the necessariness of the AI file, but they have persuaded that others succesfully work with what they have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Possible those others are either differently generated documents or they do not use Illustrator for editing, but proper Prepress tools. 

You can try and piece this together from palcing the document and then flattening transparency. and then copying the text, but all of that is not optimal and could cause errors. ALso it takes way longer and hopefully you charge them for that additional work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines