• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated Fonts not installing onto PC

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of Windows 10 PCs, as of 12/13/2022 we noticed that activating fonts doesn't install them to the the OS, so they aren't available in other applications.  I'm in the IT department, so I'm working to get a license assigned to our IT account, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else has seen an issue with this lately?  I'll return to this thread with more information once I pry the funds from management to obtain the additional license.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you activating the fonts? Through fonts.adobe.com or ?

If you are using Adobe fonts, each individual user needs to activate through their individual account AND if you have enterprise portal management the Admin needs to allow file syncing for them to show on the licensed account/machine locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each individual is activating the fonts for their own accounts.  I'll check for the Admin setting.  Did anything change for this feature recently?  We don't mess around in our admin management, so we wouldn't have disabled this feature.  The downloading of fonts to the local PC worked prior to 12/13/2022.

I also reviewed the following document, and it didn't resolve the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a pending update to their Creative Cloud application, that would prevent syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We uninstalled and reinstalled the Illustrator application to be sure the version of the software wasn't an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not the individual applications that control this - it is the Creative Cloud desktop app. If that is held up with a pending update, it will not sync fonts.adobe.com to any local device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get three of my users to pull up their version information for the Creative Cloud.  On two users I noticed that they didn't have a newer version of Creative Cloud when compared to a third.  I'm seeing one user at 5.9.1.376, while these other two users are running 5.9.0.372.  I had the ones with the older versions do a "Check for Updates" and came back with a listing of all the apps saying they are up to date, but doesn't list the Creative Cloud.  How do I get the app to update itself?  What is the current version?  The Creative Cloud Setup installer doesn't state a correct version of the application, only of the installer it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Creative Cloud application and click the cloud icon.

It will tell you 1. If there is a syncing issue with the user and 2. if there is a pending CC app update.

The updates you were looking at were again for the desktop apps.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1672265785276.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says sync is turned off, contact IT administrator.  I logged into the Admin Console on the web with my account which is an Admin and I couldn't find where that is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JamesA-FAB https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/enable-disable-services.html

Start with making sure Fonts is enabled in the product profile.

If sync is disabled it could also mean your storage is not setup for the users as well.

If enabling Fonts as a service does not resolve, I would recommend filing a support ticket through your Admin console. They can directly access and resolve the issue for your company specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your help so far.  Its been a busy week with other emergencies, but I'm back to this issue.

I've had time to compare two of the PCs.

I log into both PCs as the local admin.  Log into Creative Cloud with an account that has a license.  Illustrator is installed at version 27.1.1.  I updated both Creative Cloud installations to 5.9.1.377.  When I click the Cloud icon they both display a green check mark, file syncing up to date message.

I click on the Fonts icon, and deactivate and reactivate a font.  That font still doesn't show up in the font list within Illustrator on one PC, but does on the other.  The PCs aren't identical, but they were both based on the same base image, but that was years ago.  Each user has their own virtual desktop.

The Creative Cloud shows that the font is activated, but for some reason on some of the PCs the font isn't making it over to the other apps.

I don't know if this is related, but we are also working on removing EOL software.  one of those applications is the Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2012.  We have found that when we remove the C++ software (we have the 2015-2022 version installed) we notice it returns whenever Adobe conducts an update.    I hadn't known they were working to remove the software from these PCs until today.  They've stopped doing that, and I've confirmed that both the working and non-working systems have the software installed.

Is there any log error that I can see between the Creative Cloud sync client, and the various Applications, as it pertains to the installation/activation of the fonts?

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a community dedicated to Adobe Fonts and perhaps they have more infos on this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/ct-p/ct-fonts?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all&lang=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point your best bet is to contact Adobe through your Enterprise portal with a  support ticket. They can set up a remote session and make sure the computer is setup correctly. Between messing with C++ and using Virtual desktops, there could be any number of variables affecting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines