• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding ASE Swatch Palettes to CC Libraries

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of ASE files that I would like to be able to share in collaborative CC Libraries. The swatches all have custom names. I am trying to use Illustrator to add them to the Library, and I can only figure out how to add each swatch one by one. To make matters worse, the hex code is used as the default name when that color loads into the library, so I have to rename each one. Is there a way to move the whole swatch palette to the library and preserve the naming system and folders?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

From the Swatches panel, use the flyout menu to select Open Swatch Library > Other Library... and navigate to your .ase file. Create a new library. Select the color group you opened in the Swatches panel and click the 3rd icon from the left, Add selected Color Groups and Swatches to my current library. Your ASE will appear in the CC Library as a Color Theme with whatever name was associated with that color group.color.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Swatches panel, use the flyout menu to select Open Swatch Library > Other Library... and navigate to your .ase file. Create a new library. Select the color group you opened in the Swatches panel and click the 3rd icon from the left, Add selected Color Groups and Swatches to my current library. Your ASE will appear in the CC Library as a Color Theme with whatever name was associated with that color group.color.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked, however when I re-import the swatched from that library there are a bunch of random duplicates of the same swatch and the names are not retained. The work around for this is to make sure all the swatches are global (for anyone with this same issues in the future).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with the swatches doubling when brought in from the library. What do you mean by “make sure the swatches are global”?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jedi_twitch  schrieb

I had the same problem with the swatches doubling when brought in from the library. What do you mean by “make sure the swatches are global”?

Please read the documentation: How to use and create swatches in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks but the issue was with bringing colors in from the library. Looks like it is an unsolved bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines