Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Extra crop marks I need gone

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I have a PDF file ready for print. I need to make some changes and was doing so fine. However now when I try and edit a page it saves just that page with extra crop marks?? 

Does anyone know why the pages I edit are adding these all of a sudden, and making the page larger?

Any help is greatly appreciated 

The photo is showing the top where it has added the extra crop marks to the page 

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 11.08.25 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 11.33.27 am.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

To edit an existing pdf you need to just hit 'save' to retain the other pages you weren't looking at. Do Not use save as or you lose the other pages of the doc. BUT this will use the last used pdf settings so if that was a setting that had crop marks set as 'on' then it will add a new set of crop marks and extend the artboard which sounds like you don't want. 

so save an ai doc as pdf with all the settings you want the pdf to have but turn off bleed and crop marks. Then open the pdf you actually

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To edit an existing pdf you need to just hit 'save' to retain the other pages you weren't looking at. Do Not use save as or you lose the other pages of the doc. BUT this will use the last used pdf settings so if that was a setting that had crop marks set as 'on' then it will add a new set of crop marks and extend the artboard which sounds like you don't want. 

so save an ai doc as pdf with all the settings you want the pdf to have but turn off bleed and crop marks. Then open the pdf you actually want to edit. Make the changes and then hit save. 

an extra step I often take in this situation is just to place the entire pdf into a new ai doc make the edits and export to pdf as inevitably another request will come back and its easier to work from a live-ish is doc I find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Illustrator is it?

So you import a PDF in Illustrator and then edit it and just hit "Save"?

What happens when you "Save as" and deselect the printers marks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines