Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Application Icons Acting Strangely (Win10 Pro)

Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past week I've seen some odd behavior with Adobe application icons in desktop shortcuts and the icons associated with work files. For instance the icon for Adobe Audition 2021 was basically a blank page icon on the desktop in my Alienware X17 notebook. That got fixed this morning with an update to Audition 2022. But now I'm seeing a similar issue with Adobe Illustrator on my older work desktop PC. All of the AI files now have blank page icons. I've tried various steps to restore the icons and tried rebooting the system, the blank icon thing persists. One funny thing is any EPS files in the system do have an AI icon association applied to them.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default apps by file type not set?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The icon issue with Illustrator finally resolved itself somehow. It could be the Windows was still trying to point AI files to the 2021 version that had been removed. The situation doesn't explain the similar behavior I was experiencing with Audition. I couldn't get the 2021 version Audition to stop showing blank icons for the application and associated files until I updated to the 2022 version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines