• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustratior initialization crash because to much fonts

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am asking for your solution.
I am using Ai 2020 24.1.2 (64 bit). The problem is that I have over 5000 fonts, when I install Ai the program opens normally and I use it normally, when installing 5000 and more fonts (while Ai is on) I also have no problems using the program. It takes a bit of time to get all those fonts into the program, but it updates very quickly in that regard. The problem occurs when the program turns off and I want to turn it on again, then Ai doesn't open at all, I get the initialization screen and that's it, it freezes, then I have to force turn it off and everything in a circle... Sometimes it asks me to do the test, which I confirm, but it freezes again and doesn't do the test for two days. Is there any solution to this problem? I've checked to see if I have any fonts that are corrupted or something, but there aren't any. I deleted everything from the fontcache, but the file FNTCACHE.DAT cannot be deleted, because when you restart the computer, it comes back again.
I didn't have any problems with these things before and it took me a while to figure out that it was because I removed all other things (configuration and others).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Uninstall at least healf of those. Use font management if you need them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall at least healf of those. Use font management if you need them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it some kind of windows program or is it part of adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font management software are third party applications. There are several ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect solution! 
Thank you Monika!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

What you always have to keep in mind with font management software: before updating Illustrator to a new version always make sure that your font management app is compatible with that particular version of Illustrator as Illustrator is very peculiar about anything font related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Milos28691273dyzl,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try clearing the Font Cache by following the steps shared in this Microsoft Answers post (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-font-settings-in-windows-10/e3739...) and check if it helps.

If the problem persists, please follow the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue. 

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0  only Windows Font Cache Service. Maybe it's the same. I deleted everything else from the FontCache folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too many fonts always caused crashes in many apps (at different times). 5000 is too many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines