Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2024 Crashing Constantly

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening,

I have a user with Adobe Illustrator 2024 that updated to the latest version on Thursday and his Illustrator is constantly crashing. It seems to get stuck at VectorizeUI.aip and just sits there. If you touch the program at all it will stop responding and windows will ask to end the process. When trying dianostics it will open, however within 2 seconds it will freeze and needs to be force exited.'

We have tried:

Uninstalling, Reinstalling

Reverting to previous version

Tried the Adobe Cleaner utility and wiped Illustrator

Started in safe mode

Copy the file locally as opposed to the network

updated the graphic drivers

This user's laptop is a mid range Dell Latittude 5540 laptop with the following specs:

CPU: 13th Gen I7-1370P

RAM: 32 Gigabytes of Memory

Storage: NVMe

GPU: MX550 (Entry level thing)

After doing all of that it will CONSTANTLY crash, now this user was scheduled to get a new laptop with more "horse power" on Thursday, however due to this issue i bumped the time table up. 

His new laptop has the following specs:

CPU: 12th Gen I7-2800H

RAM: 32 Gigabytes

GPU: RTX A1000 (Which is absolutely overkill)

Storage: Some NVMe Drive

I had the user come into the office and we installed Illustrator 2024 FIRST and it worked fine. We launched it a few times and tried differnt files while he was here. When the user went home it was back to crashing constantly and was ununable. I had the user disconnect the dock to rule that out, however it keeps crashing. I also had him copy the file to his local desktop instead of the network and its the same thing. 

How do i fix this? Any logs that would be helpful?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

We utilize Trend Micro Apex One. I uninstalled it from our marketing departments computers and all of sudden Adobe products stopped crashing. I will be discussing this with out security team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Hello Everyone,

I'm truly sorry to hear that many of you are experiencing issues with Adobe Illustrator 2024. I understand how frustrating it can be when your work is interrupted by crashes and technical problems. Your productivity and creativity are important to us, and we want to help you resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

To assist us in diagnosing and fixing these crashes, could you please share your crash reports by following the steps outlined in this article? When submitting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry - and no i do not have any display/separate spaces or similar turned on at the moment. I did a few weeks ago but changed them back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Everyone,

I'm truly sorry to hear that many of you are experiencing issues with Adobe Illustrator 2024. I understand how frustrating it can be when your work is interrupted by crashes and technical problems. Your productivity and creativity are important to us, and we want to help you resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

To assist us in diagnosing and fixing these crashes, could you please share your crash reports by following the steps outlined in this article? When submitting the crash report, please include the email address you used to log into the community. This will help us track your reports more effectively and swiftly send the information to the product team.

Additionally, it would be very helpful if you could share any relevant system information, such as the specifics of your hardware, operating system version, and any antivirus or security applications you have installed. Information about any recently installed applications that might have affected Illustrator would also be valuable.

In the meantime, please try some of the basic troubleshooting steps suggested in this article. These steps have helped many users resolve similar issues.

We genuinely appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to resolve these problems. Your feedback is crucial in helping us improve our products and ensure they meet your needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional support.

Thank you for your understanding and being a valued member of the Adobe community.

Best regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines