• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator in CS 6

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a technical writer and use Adobe Illustrator in CS6 just enough to develop some basic shapes w/ colors that I need for my client template development in Framemaker. I am currently working on a template for a client. The client has an image that is available in both a .bmp format and .jpg format that I would very much like to use in the FM template. That said, I unfortunately need to upsize the image and w/ it being raster art, it obviously is too pixelated to use. Is there a way in AI that I can convert this image to the .ai format so that I could have it in vector format so resizing is not an issue?

FWIW, I was just mucking around w/ the image and saved both formats to a PDF but then when I opened the PDF for either format and enlarged the image, large parts of the image were still showing as heavily pixelated . . . so obviously the original resolution of the image is not that good. The client is a small client w/out a lot of formal processes, so they can't give me any information about how the image was initially created, its resolution, etc.

I know I might be grasping at straws here, but I am definitely very much a not quite fully functioning beginner w/ AI, so I figured the question was at least worth asking.

Thank you!

TVB

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only draw that.

Manually - and recreate the effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, sorry to be dense, but when you say manually draw? You mean actually manually draw it in AI? If so, I wouldn't even know how to start that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's what I'm referring to.

It's basically an S with a gradient and then a star, blurred.

You might want to refer to the beginner tutorials that you can find via the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines