• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator not launching on Windows

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hoping someone can help. Just got creative cloud yesterday in order to download multple Adobe apps. So far I have installed Photoshop and Illustrator. Photoshop open immediately, no issues. There is absolutely no response from Illustrator upon clicking Open. I have exited and reopened CC, uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator (twice) and rebooted my PC. Nothing seems to fix it. What is going on? Paid for the full 20+ apps, but what was the point if I can't open what I need to?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Hi, I've got this problem, too.

I solved it running the Troubleshoot in Windows 10. 

1) In the search bar type Troubleshoot and press Enter.

2) Click on 'Additional troubleshooters'.

3) Select 'Program Compatibility Trouble Shooter'. The press the button 'Run Troubleshooter'.

4) Search and select your Adobe Illustrator version. Press 'Next'.

5) For me this option worked: 'Try recommended settings'. If this option not works for you, you can try with 'Troubleshoot program'.

Then a window appear to make a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. They can login to your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS?
Please make sure you have OS & GPU updated to the latest version. You may also try creating a new user account your machine and try working on the app there. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10 on a new PC, everything up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to troubleshoot more and try again at getting Illustrator to even run. Having issues with the Creative Cloud app now. Will not open at all. Tried to both reinstall and repair it. Loading wheel just spins and spins, and eventually it becomes aware that it's taking too long and suggests relaunching, which causes it to just spin its wheels again. Been several years since I've used a new Adobe product and I figured things would work smoothly now with how much technology has improved, but I'm very unimpressed and unsatisfied with this system. Why can't I just log in and download .exe files? Why do I have to go through this unstable cloud app thing that barely works? I'm connected by ethernet, and am typing this message in my browser, so I know it's not an Internet connection issue. This is very frustrating. Has Adobe just absorbed so many other applications that it can't keep them straight at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delayed response.. I would request if you can try the following steps and share your observation:  

1. Reset Preferences:  

-Close all Adobe applications.  

-Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  

-Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old  

-Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.  

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

1. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator. 

3. If that doesn't help either, login to Hidden Admin account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3s&t=53s). Check how the application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

4. If it doesn't work, please try using Creative Cloud Cleaner to remove the existing installation of the app and reinstall once done.

5. If nothing helps, then we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it on hand for later if I need it. The last time my computer rebooted, Creative Cloud asked to repair itself, and now things seems to be working. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the troubleshooter, but troubleshooting never seems to work for me. However, I followed these steps:

1. Go to Location C:\Users\[profile name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  

2. Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old  

3. Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.  

This was exteremely frustrated. Thank you, for sharing these steps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got this problem, too.

I solved it running the Troubleshoot in Windows 10. 

1) In the search bar type Troubleshoot and press Enter.

2) Click on 'Additional troubleshooters'.

3) Select 'Program Compatibility Trouble Shooter'. The press the button 'Run Troubleshooter'.

4) Search and select your Adobe Illustrator version. Press 'Next'.

5) For me this option worked: 'Try recommended settings'. If this option not works for you, you can try with 'Troubleshoot program'.

Then a window appear to make a test, and it will appear a button to run the program. If the problem solves, you can save the settings. For me that solved my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution has worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution fixed the issue.

I had just purchased a brand new custom built pc.

Downloaded and logged into the Creative Cloud App

Started downloading the apps, opening them as I went to test everything works.

Photoshop, Indesign and Lightroom worked fine, Illustrator and After Effects wouldn't work!

Looking at task manager, Illustrator was opened however many times I tried to open it but was just running in the background. After Effects just kept crashing! 
After trying this simple, built in method, it worked! Fixed both issues!

Thank You!

Hopefully this helps others 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked on Win11 for Illustrator 2023. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines