Hi, hoping someone can help. Just got creative cloud yesterday in order to download multple Adobe apps. So far I have installed Photoshop and Illustrator. Photoshop open immediately, no issues. There is absolutely no response from Illustrator upon clicking Open. I have exited and reopened CC, uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator (twice) and rebooted my PC. Nothing seems to fix it. What is going on? Paid for the full 20+ apps, but what was the point if I can't open what I need to?
Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS?
Please make sure you have OS & GPU updated to the latest version. You may also try creating a new user account your machine and try working on the app there. Let us know if it helps.
Wanted to troubleshoot more and try again at getting Illustrator to even run. Having issues with the Creative Cloud app now. Will not open at all. Tried to both reinstall and repair it. Loading wheel just spins and spins, and eventually it becomes aware that it's taking too long and suggests relaunching, which causes it to just spin its wheels again. Been several years since I've used a new Adobe product and I figured things would work smoothly now with how much technology has improved, but I'm very unimpressed and unsatisfied with this system. Why can't I just log in and download .exe files? Why do I have to go through this unstable cloud app thing that barely works? I'm connected by ethernet, and am typing this message in my browser, so I know it's not an Internet connection issue. This is very frustrating. Has Adobe just absorbed so many other applications that it can't keep them straight at this point?
Apologies for the delayed response.. I would request if you can try the following steps and share your observation:
-Close all Adobe applications.
-Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
-Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
-Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.
Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.
3. If that doesn't help either, login to Hidden Admin account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3s&t=53s). Check how the application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html
4. If it doesn't work, please try using Creative Cloud Cleaner to remove the existing installation of the app and reinstall once done.
5. If nothing helps, then we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way.
Hi, I've got this problem, too.
I solved it running the Troubleshoot in Windows 10.
1) In the search bar type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
2) Click on 'Additional troubleshooters'.
3) Select 'Program Compatibility Trouble Shooter'. The press the button 'Run Troubleshooter'.
4) Search and select your Adobe Illustrator version. Press 'Next'.
5) For me this option worked: 'Try recommended settings'. If this option not works for you, you can try with 'Troubleshoot program'.
Then a window appear to make a test, and it will appear a button to run the program. If the problem solves, you can save the settings. For me that solved my problem.