Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator: "Save" dialog box doesn't appear

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Monterey Version 12.0.1 (21A559)

Adobe Illustrator 22/23 both exhibting this issue.

As the title states, neither pressing cmd+s, nor selecting 'save as' from the dropdown, will actually pull up the save-as dialog box. additionally, i am unable to save changes to previously saved files. I initially thought this might have been an issue where the dialog box was appearing on another monitor or off my screen, however this doesn't seem to be the case as I'm able to interact with UI buttons which usually is not the case when you have a dialog box open. 

Adobe creative cloud desktop app, is also not opening when i try to launch it, and the icon isn't appearing on my taskbar like it usually would.

I've tried restarting my mac, force quitting all adobe apps/processes through activity monitor but none of this seems to help.

Photoshop 22/23 don't seem to have any issues with saving at this time. 

Any ideas ? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Hi @johnn0ob,

Thanks for reaching out and trying out the steps suggested by Monika. There were some save-related issues on the earlier version of macOS Monterey. Would you mind updating to macOS v12.3.1 or newer? If that doesn't help, then try resizing the save dialog box size by dragging it from the corners and checking whether it helps or not. If not, then please share some screenshots or a small screen recording demonstrating the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in photoshop, i was able to click "Browse in bridge..." opened up the creative cloud app, which then allowed me to install the latest version of illlustrator, which fixed my save issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ehhhh, i spoke too soon. Now i'm able to pull up the save dialog box and save to the cloud, however clicking the "on your computer" button will cause the same issue i was previously experienceing, where nothing happens 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator have full disk access on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, thanks for your reply.

I believe so,  this issue just recently started happening, so i don't think i've revoked those privileges. Where can i check this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johnn0ob,

Thanks for reaching out and trying out the steps suggested by Monika. There were some save-related issues on the earlier version of macOS Monterey. Would you mind updating to macOS v12.3.1 or newer? If that doesn't help, then try resizing the save dialog box size by dragging it from the corners and checking whether it helps or not. If not, then please share some screenshots or a small screen recording demonstrating the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this issue, as well with the Illlustrator 23 on Ventura, and I granted permisions to it. Any suggestionss for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrea1819,

Thanks for reaching out. I would suggest updating the Ai to v27.1.1 & macOS v13.1, released recently, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I already have on my computer. Illustrator 2023 is the 27.1.1 and Ventura is macOS  13.1. Everything was fine before I updated to this latest version of Illustrator. There is no option to save to my computer. Please help.Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 7.59.51 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, @Andrea1819. Would you mind changing the default save location from Illustrator preferences (cmd+k) > File Handling > Default File Location: On your computer?

Anshul_Saini_0-1671232642989.png

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option doesn not appear in my settings again. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Andrea1819,

Thanks for reaching out again. The default save location option in Illustrator preferences might not appear in your settings because its availability is controlled by the backend systems and is gradually rolled out with each new release. It is possible that the option is not yet enabled for your account.

We recommend keeping your Illustrator application up to date. In the meantime, you can manually specify the save location each time you save a file.

Anshul_Saini_0-1687368378491.png

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your patience!

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines