• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator slanted shape has jagged edges

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a layered shape that has slanted edges and there are artifacts along the edge that make it look jagged. I also viewed the edges in outline mode with maximum zoom and they were still jagged. The shapes were all created using the same master shape, so they are identical. The only difference is the top shape is a gradient, the second shape uses transparency > color and the bottom shape uses transparency > multiply. I resolved the issue by removing the two lower layers of the shape that went underneath the top gradient layer and that fixed the problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you perhaps show screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are three screen shots of a portion of the artwork. Zoom is at 64,000%. I know its subtle but its definitely there. When I moved the shape edges apart, it went away (see screen shot 3).

Screen shot 1Screen shot 1Screen shot 2Screen shot 2Screen shot 3Screen shot 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot prevent it, because monitors display pixels.

What's happening here is that Illustrator renders harder edges when your lines are stacked like that (or when objects have multiple fills or strokes).

Will this be printed (and how)?

Or will this be converted to pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The art is a logo and will be used for both digital and print. Thanks for the explanation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In offset printing you won't see it.

When exporting raster images terhe will be an effect. Do you really need the stacked lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I eliminated the extra layers under the gradient filled shape and that fixed the issue. I had other areas with stacked shapes, but those were fine. The jagged lines seem to appear at about 2°.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines