Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Transform positioning bug

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on my current project and Illustrator is giving me inconsistent positoning with the x and y. Attached are two images showing a text box being given the same x and y values but is being positioned differently on the artboard. I know I can make it consistent across all artboard by copy and pasting it but is there a way I can fix the problem and use the Transform menu to make elements consistent across all artboards?

Header text 1.png

 

Header text 2.png

 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

The text frames appear to be different sizes and their X/Y positions are being measured from the centre reference point, which probably accounts for the discrepancy. Use the top-left reference point for a proper comparison.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text frames appear to be different sizes and their X/Y positions are being measured from the centre reference point, which probably accounts for the discrepancy. Use the top-left reference point for a proper comparison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your type is different so the width is differetn, so the reference point from middle will not work

Click the top left of what looks like a Rubiks cube on both files, then use the values of the one that is correct for both.

MikeGondek_0-1655825674068.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines