Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Illustrator will not open PNG files anymore

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has stopped letting me open PNG files. I never had an issue before until maybe a few days ago. I've tried every way I can think of to open it; right clicking on the image in the desktop, file open in illustrator, etc. No matter what I do, the file just will not open. Illustrator doesn't even give me an error or anything, the image simply just does not open in Illustrator.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021
I actually think I found the issue after reading another post where a user couldn't open any type of files. It stated that Adobe searches for a printer when opening an image (not sure why) but the printer that was set as my Default printer no longer works. Therefore, Adobe couldn't connect to it. I changed my default printer in Windows settings and my PNG files will now open.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And File > Place?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually think I found the issue after reading another post where a user couldn't open any type of files. It stated that Adobe searches for a printer when opening an image (not sure why) but the printer that was set as my Default printer no longer works. Therefore, Adobe couldn't connect to it. I changed my default printer in Windows settings and my PNG files will now open.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear you solved it that way.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines