• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Question - Nest hole pattern (fractal)

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can anyone help create this fractal like pattern nest used on the hole pattern shown below? I tried to use Effects/Distort and Transform/Transform method, but this creates a spiral so the center ring perimeter is not a perfect circle. Also, this method does not have the control of the hole size.

I would appreciate any helpful hints on how to make this Nest hole pattern. Thanks

Related image

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method does not give you control over the dot size but I wanted to show that you might be able to get closer than you thought using the Transform Effect.

Grouping a single dot with a larger fully transparent circle allows a later rotation effect to create a ring.

01.png

Create a ring of dots with a Transform Effect

02.png

Create a series of offset rings of dots with a second Transform Effect. Note the use of Reflect X.

03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this helpful hint. I will use the logic behind this to manually make each ring of circles. I'll let you know the outcome. This method would be perfect if I had more control of the circle size, but I see the size in linked to the spacing between each ring of circles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a similar  thead here about that kind of  pattern

Sunflower dot pattern

Script by markerline  or  fruitything in post 46 and 47 , might get you near,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines