Hi there,

After the installation of Monterey all EPS are without preview... What can I do

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

I found this working solution on Apple forum.
I tested it and it works great. Please pay attention to copy modfied qlgenerator in Library/QuickLook, NOT in System/Library/QuickLook

1. Copy the "Illustrator.qlgenerator" from "/System/Library/QuickLook" to your desktop or any other folder you have read/write access to.
  2. Open "Illustrator.qlgenerator" by right clicking it and select "Show package contents".
  3. Open "Info.plist" in the "Contents" folder with a text editor.
  4. Find the line "<string>com.adobe.il

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 124 Replies 124
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay it won't let me edit the post above, but the thumbnail issue only occurs in the Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, tyvm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks!!! It Works!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is the fix that worked. We're running it on many computers now and so far, so good. Here are a couple of pics to help clarify the method. (Yes, we're in the Art Department of the company and require visual aids.)

"Insert "<string>com.adobe.encapsulated-postscript</string>" below it with the same indentation and save the "Info.plist" file." And looks like this:

info plist.png

"Copy "Illustrator.qlgenerator" to "/Library/QuickLook" looks like this:

install path.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this works locally but uploading to a library website, they arrive with no preview and are rejected. This needs to fixed by whoever and quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your post. Very helpful indeed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy here as cant copy it back in - Any further help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it looks like Monterey 12.7 broke this fix. Is there another fix available for 12.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It's breaks every time there is a new OS update. I gave up trying to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for a long time and had to be re-applied after each upgrade but now it has stopped working after upgrading to 12.7 but only on the Silicon chip and not the Intel chip. Anyone have a fix for this yet? I've tested this on multiple Silicon and Intel computers and all of the Intel on 12.7 worked after the fix but the Silicon doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the fix now in my M1 Mac and it works fine. I've written here several times that I'm adding the Illustrator.qlgenerator file to my user library. If there are no QuickLook folder there create one. 

I noticed earlier that it had stopped working. I replaced the file now and force restart Finder and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I added the Illustrator.qlgenerator into the user's library just now. It didn't work so I rebooted the computer. Still didn't work so I relaunched finder and still didn't work. Weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remove the old one you added erlier in /Library ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just replaced the file in /Library and added the file in ~/User/Library/Quicklook

Relaunched finder a few times but no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to macOS Sonoma today and now it stopped working for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I still can't get it to work in Monterey even after replacing the file in /Library and ~/User/Library/Quicklook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do nothing to the file in your OS [SYSTEM] Macintosh HD/System/Library. Copy the Illustrator.qlgenerator file, alter it, and place it into your [USER] Macintosh HD/Library/QuickLook folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I helped with this over the weekend. Worked fine in my macOS Ventura on a Mac M1 but not for the person I was helping. Later this weekend I updated to macOS Sonoma and now it's dead for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem.
But they don’t worry. It’s not them problem.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path to my user library is different: Macintosh HD/Users/JonFraze/Library/Quicklook. (I.e., it's not User/JonFraze/Macintosh HD/Library/Quicklook as I think you're saying above.) I'm pretty sure the path I'm finding is the only one available. Is that what you'd meant? (It's confounding how many Library and System folders are on a Mac. I've never understood that.)

I had it working for the past year but the fix isn't working for me any more, at any rate. Our IS guy "updated" last week and now it won't work whatever I try.

jfraze_0-1696636754950.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/System/Library = don't touch

/Library = affects all users

/Users/you = your playground

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will only work until the next update of either Adobe's softer or Mac OS. Then it will stop again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind redoing the fix each time because our users use that feature a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, seems like this doesn't work for Sonoma anymore. I've done this fix twice now with the last two OS but since upgrading to Sonoma, nothing seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Any solutions that aren't workarounds? Surely this is a bug that needs fixed. I'm a designer who just updated to Monterey and this is a complete nightmare. Particularly frustrating when I'm in InDesign and want to Place an eps file and can't get a preview.

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines