After update, Illustrator send error message on command: app.activeDocument.textFrames.everyItem.rem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time and effort in looking at this post!

I have two scripts that have worked well until the last update.  I am now getting an error in running the command

app.activeDocument.textFrames.everyItem.remove();

The error I now get is number 1302: No such element on line that is shown above.There is little on the Web regarding this error.

Have no idea of what is wrong but relate it to the last update.  Is there an access to the exact nature of updates?

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is telling you that there are no objects (presumably textFrames) to remove.  Why that is the case is beyond the usefulness of the error message.  Having said that, the above statement has a very unusual syntax with "everyItem" in the middle.  Can you say what "everyItem" is? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@EyeballDoc ,

In Illustrator, there is no property everyItem(). This exists in Indesign. To remove all textframes in Illustartor you should use

app.activeDocument.textFrames.removeAll();

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Save time with Adobe Express quick actions