• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ai CC 2019 Suddenly wont start!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried to start Illustrator 2019 and it always gets stuck trying to initialise SmartEditUI.aip on the splash screen and then it freezes and stops responding.

Is this happening to anyone else? I was using 2019 perfectly only yesterday but now it just wont work!

I have also just started having problems with the new Lightroom Classic CC so I am reverting both Ai and Lr back to the previous version until they both become stable!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

I finally resolved this by renaming the preferences file for illustrator and having it generate a new one.  This article describes where the preferences file is located:

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Make sure you only rename your old preferences file.  Do not delete it.  If this doesn't work you, you may need to restore back to it (delete the new file and re-name the old to the original name).

I'd like to add that before discovering this solution.  I uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  Bo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so fast I guess.  The Illustrator launches, but soon after, hangs.  Seems that once I sign into the adobe creative cloud account, things go south and Illustrator stops responding.  Can it be something corrupt in the Adobe creative cloud account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a new user works.  The only problem is having to set up your computer settings all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had the same issue, and it was not Adobe, it was my inaccessible network drive (where my working files live). Only after following the prefs reset instructions, when opening Illustrator did I realize no network access to my files. Fixed my NAS, reverted to my original prefs file, and Illustrator opens with no issues.It was not a problem accessing the Interwebs, just my network attached storage. I don't know why, don't care, it works now and I can get back to work! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click and than "run as administrator" will let you run the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally resolved this by renaming the preferences file for illustrator and having it generate a new one.  This article describes where the preferences file is located:

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Make sure you only rename your old preferences file.  Do not delete it.  If this doesn't work you, you may need to restore back to it (delete the new file and re-name the old to the original name).

I'd like to add that before discovering this solution.  I uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  Bo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines