• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ai SVG file ‘invalid’ on OpenSea

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to make an SVG file in Illustrator be accepted by OpenSea as an NFT.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what OpenSea's requirements for an NFT are, but assuming they accept standard SVG files (again I don't know if they do), then be sure to use File > Export > Export As to create the SVG (do not use the older File > Save As).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dan,

Will give that a go.  If I hit the wall (again), are there freelancers out there in the Ai world that I could hire to teach me?  Pretty sure there must be.  Just don't know how to go about finding them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, SVG files are text files that contain code. So while the SVG files Illustrator produces are perfectly valid, it's hard to say how OpenSea's SVG interpreter works and what they consider "valid".

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default?  When you figure it out, would you please share here?  I've been bashing my head against this wall for months now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your SVG file open in Inkscape and also is valid when you check it in the W3C validator, then there's not a lot we can do for you, because the issue is with Opensea. There should be forums that cover it. Maybe you ask over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines