• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIRobin using a lot of memory and in two instances.

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Adobe,

This has happened to me in the past but not this egregious.  

I have about 7-10 files open at any given time and I grind on those for a week to 10 days without quiting or restarting.  Illustrator will get sluggish at times.   When I look at my Activity Monitor I see that AIRobin is using nearly a Gb of RAM and it's doing that in two separate instances.  I then will restart everything and when I re-open Illustrator, AIRobin will reappear in activity monitor.  Does this sound normal?

Specs:

Illustrator 26.2.1

Apple Imac Retina 2017

Running Monterey Os 12.3.1

4.2 Ghz Intel i7

48 Gb DDR4

Radeon Pro 580  8Gb

Graphics accelerator on

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hello @Dean Rank ,

I've checked this with my team and this seems to be expected behavior. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Dean Rank,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. AIRobin is used for Background Save and Background Export.

You can try disabling the background save option from Preferences > File Handling & Clipboard > Uncheck Save in Background. Please try this and see if this makes a difference.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Anubhav.  It did rectify the 2 instances of AIRobin.  Today I was working on a small vector only 19 Mb file and AIRobin was still using 786 Mb of memory while Illustrator was using 3 Gb.  Is this normal that seems like a lot of memory?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Dean Rank,

Sorry for the late response. Illustrator can consume a lot of memory depending on the artwork and the complexity of the file. Is it acting this way with other/new files as well?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav,  This is what my activity monitor looks like after restarting Illustrator with no artwork open.  Seems like a lot of memory taken by AIRobin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Dean Rank ,

I've checked this with my team and this seems to be expected behavior. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines