• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all files I save from AI are saving pixelated, this wasn't so hard before.

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 11.12.20 PM.png

 If you zoom in closely, that's a jpeg file at 1800 ppi. Just about, but still not completely smooth. But the AI logo is fine, vector, and smooth lines. What am I doing wrong when saving to different files? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the Art Optimized anti-aliasing option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jacqueline28290351p2xi,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Ton helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share a sample Ai and the exported JPEG file here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...), so we can check it on our end.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a Mac, but how good is Preview? What does this look like in a different app, like Photoshop or GraphicConverter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Met1  schrieb:

I don't use a Mac, but how good is Preview? What does this look like in a different app, like Photoshop or GraphicConverter?

The JPEG will not look diferent in any other app. I mean, Apple Preview is not good for anything important, but it won't change the pixels in a JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It lookes like a raster image, rendered in pixels...because that's what it is. Consider this; you jack the resolution up to 1800 ppi reaching for smooth edges, but then zoom in far enough so that one inch of your screen has fewer than 100 pixels to simulate those 1800 ppi. It's a bit like chasing your tail, if you had one. Aside from that, I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines