• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All "New File" dialog boxes suddenly broken across all Adobe Apps.

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create a new file and enter the parameters for the file, the dialog box just stops working after two tries, and nothing short of a reboot will give me another 2 tries. All buttons stop responding, all the interface fields aren't clickable to enter parameters, and it has forced me to stop all new work. 

The error started appearing about a month ago, and I hoped the recent updates would fix it, but they made everything worse. I'm on Windows 11, nothing else is running. I get maybe two or three clicks and edits to the New File dialog IN ALL ADOBE APPS and then it just goes dead and the only way I can quit out of the dialog is the top right windows X button. All Adobe buttons just stop working. 

This has really killed my productivity. Reinstall didn't work. Rebooting didn't work. I'm already fed up with Adobe over predatory Ts&Cs and the lack of value compared to the price tag. When my year's subscription runs out I'm going to have to seriously re-evaluate continuing with the company products at all. Shame, too, I've been a user since Photoshop 5. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pacio49 I don't seem to have an issue, but I am on a MAC...but many of my students are on PC's and they don't seem to have an issue. I do know a few of them couldn't open Illustrator as they ran out of space or not enough RAM, so my suggestion was to remove one of the apps for the time being....I told them to uninstall Photoshop to run Illustrator (use the online version for the time being), and when they were done with the Illustrator course to uninstall that to run the desktop of Photoshop. 

This is a drag....unfortunately, many students don't expect these apps to be so big and powerful. 4 Gigs of RAM isn't enough processing power, and with Generative AI, 16 gigs is pushing it. Am looking to upgrade my old MacBook Pro from 16 gigs of RAM to 96gigs of RAM, and even then with AI pushing new boundaries, maybe 128gigs might be the deal-breaker (and wallet-breaker too!)

You mentioned you are on a PC....with Win11....how much RAM, and disk space do you have?

Another way you could do is create a new file as is, and change the document page dimensions afterward. If you are using the latest and greatest of Illustrator, and you upgraded to it, you could go backwards and get a version that worked for you about a month ago. I sometimes do use Photoshop 2023 as it's a little easier on the MacBook than say 2024...but if I need to show the students the new tools, I can switch back and forth if need be.

I am a Photoshop 3.0 user....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened a month ago?

Did you perhaps install something in the system?

Was there a Windows update?

Did you install additional fonts? Did you install Illustrator plugins?

Got a new network?

Illustrator can really act up when it cannot find a printer. Do you have a printer? Is it installed correctly and turned on? Illutrator doesn't like network queues a lot.

Can you activate the PDF printer in Windows? This is something that often gets messed up with Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing new installed. No new fonts. No new apps. Nothing changed a month
ago but Adobe started getting twitchy No new network. 128GB of RAM 32
Cores. AMD custom box, GPU still fine if no longer cutting edge. No
overclock. No technical issues. Nothing but Adobe has issues so far.

I use Corel Painter on the same box and always restart when switching
between the memory hogs.

I'm going to uninstall and load legacy versions from two months ago and see
what that does.

*Adam Pacio*
(personal details removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines