• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alpha lock?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked everywhere and can't find an answer to this. Is there an equivalent to alpha lock but for illustrator? In photoshop it's called lock transparent pixels I think. Cant find anything like that for illustrator though. 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to acheive by this..? It may be a case of using masks instead..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! So helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector graphics does not have transparent pixels. There is the Draw Inside mode, (and Clipping Masks) and Opacity Masks which do similar kind of thing. Do you have a more specific example of a problem you are trying to solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am facing the same issue! from the replies i suspect i need to now learn how to use clipping masks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is lots of interesting, creative things you can do with clipping masks and opacity masks in Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines