• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unknown error has occurred v26.0.3

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, while I was working in AI v25.4.2, I got the dreaded "unknown error has occurred" message. Having been through numerous gyrations to get *that* version running smoothly, I decided to uninstall and re-install it. Same error. So I uninstalled that version, and installed v 26.0.3, resetting workspace and preferences. I got a file open, made one small change, and on trying to save, got the same error—Again!

There are no weird characters in my file names, I have a printer on and running, Save in Background is turned off—all of which have been suggested before. I am at wit's end, and under a deadline. Does anyone have any ideas? I am willing to try everything at this point!

iMac 2019,  64 gb RAM, OS 11.6.3

Thanks in advance.

Don S in Chicago

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update 2022 FEB 17 16:54 CST

After trying many new and old suggestions/fixes/work-arounds, I found a bad object in a die drawing provided to me by a vendor! Once I cleared the appearance of a strange group in the die file, I saved the file and held my breath—it worked! So then deleted the die from each of the art files in the project, pasted into position, and voila! Saves were restored to their speedy no-error ways! What a relief to have this case closed—and to be back on track . . .

Who knew such a simple die drawing could contain such corrupt items? Be vigilant out there, folks!

Cheers!

Don S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines