• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Unknown error has occurred

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2007 Nov 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I attempt to save a document in Illustrator CS3, in any format, I get a notice that an unknown error has occurred. There is no error number, and nothing happens afterwards. I have tried saving in every different format, and all the same problem, either the error pops up, or nothing at all happens. I have tried trashing the preferences folder, copying over font folders, and just about everything else listed on these forums (that I can find).

I am running Vista Ultimate, and CS3 Master Collection. It's beyond frustrating that I've spent an extreme amount of money on the product, and the best adobe can come up with is reformatting the drive. This has been installed on a drive that was JUST formatted two weeks ago.

Anybody have any further ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running CS3 Design Premium on a Mac G5. Just started happening to me. New & Old files will not save in AI. Any advice welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to have been caused by the new adobe pdf reader, I stopped all the adobe files starting up and the problems gone away on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESS!

It works for me now! I just disabled the acrobat startup item, and I can save now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to post #3:

I am currently on version 13.0.0 (due to corporate installation restrictions) and I still have this problem. I don't think it is linked to 13.0.02

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an observation. At first I thought it was the Windows media center that was causing the problem but after disabling the acrotray in the task manager, i re-opened Illustrator and it works. I didn't have to restart the machine at all, but somehow I think they are connected.

I could work all day in Illustrator, pop in a dvd, which opened up the media center, I then just shut down the media center, and alas, illustrator would not save, but it could before opening MC.

so now, to test the above idea, I started MC, then turned it off, then disabled the acrotray, opened Illustrator, tried to save with sucess...
Now i don't have to reboot as i have had to in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the acrotray sounds like the file I disabled from starting up that made illustrator work ok, I have not tried media center though as dont use the pc for any media just have the Ipod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Windows Media player 11 I experienced the same problem (I'm using XP pro). In a nother topic I found out that Microsoft Zune software had some of the same problems, and my conclusion was easy... To solve the problem I had to roll-back to previos installation of WMP.

Why should acrotray have something to do with this problem? It's a part of the Acrobat distiller service, and agin Adobe SW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attention...

This is the adobe kb for this issue: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403151&sliceId=1

The Zune Team has investigated this issue. The issue is that Zune(2.1 and greater, along with many other applications) send input (via virtual keys) prior to setting foreground window. Zune does this at startup...and when a device is connected. Most apps use a specific virtual key for this, and in this case after the adobe app gets this key it will fail to save.

We have contacted adobe support with this information along with a sample repro to allow them to resolve the issue with input handling.

_Zach Johnson(zjohnson@microsoft.com)
Zune Product Team
This posting is provided as-is with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks eirik holmen, the rollback on windows media player 11 worked for me to correct all of the illustrator issues! hurrah.. Funny thing, media player uninstalled completely instead of rolling back, so crossing my fingers on reinstalling another windows media player version.

woo-hoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been use illustrator now for about 10 years.
Is there anyway to activate an Emergency Save feature in Adobe Illustrator CS2 PC when it Unexpectically crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is there anyway to activate an Emergency Save feature in Adobe Illustrator CS2 PC when it Unexpectically crashes.

It depends on what you mean by "when."

If when=during, then no.

If when=after, then no.

If when=before, then yes. The procedure would be the same as a normal save.

I'm sorry this is not the news you were expecticalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Just found another FIX, make sure "Print Spooler" service is running
at first i disabled it so my machine would run faster, but when i enabled it, problem saving in Illustrator solved.

Good Luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just get the solution right now!!!!
Select all you design, go to edit an copy (control+c)
then go to file (new) this will open you a new document, then pasted (control+v) and try to save it now.
It works for me!!!!!

Tengo la solución al problema!!!
Selecciona todo tu diseño y cópialo (control+c)
crea un nuevo documento en file>new (archivo>nuevo) y pégalo con (comando+v ) control +v en pc.
Ahora sálvalo en file>save o archivo>salvar
A mi me ha funcionado!!!

Espero que os funcione .... I wait it works for you aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 Illustrator / WindowsXP Pro

This is very frustrating. The first message in this thread is from November 2007. Its now one year later and where's the solution? My problems started with a reinstall this week after my original computer died a slow and painful death. I've ran my updates for CS3, I don't have Zune installed.

I just lost an hours worth of work because I couldn't save the document. The copy and paste to a new illustrator document didn't work. I tried to copy and paste to InDesign (long shot I know), is when Illustrator shut down and the work was lost. I couldn't export in any format.

Ugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2008 Nov 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really sorry Jennie....
Try to install cs4, maybe they fix the problem, or just work with cs2, here most of the people say that this works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is ADOBE STAFF??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now run Illustrator CS2 and the problem still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been happening since I remember with Illustratorv.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see CS3 has it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way I'm changing to CS4 until the PRESIDENT of ADOBE calls me to assure me that this problem has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is a PDF related problem so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While installing Illustrator in other Hard Disk this happend:

Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 Setup error
An error occurred while extracting files; you may not have sufficient disk space to install

I have 17 GB free space

Any Idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2008 Nov 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martino,

>Mine is a PDF related problem so far.

Have you tried reinstalling Adobe Acrobat, or upgrading Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines