• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Unknown error has occurred

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2007 Nov 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I attempt to save a document in Illustrator CS3, in any format, I get a notice that an unknown error has occurred. There is no error number, and nothing happens afterwards. I have tried saving in every different format, and all the same problem, either the error pops up, or nothing at all happens. I have tried trashing the preferences folder, copying over font folders, and just about everything else listed on these forums (that I can find).

I am running Vista Ultimate, and CS3 Master Collection. It's beyond frustrating that I've spent an extreme amount of money on the product, and the best adobe can come up with is reformatting the drive. This has been installed on a drive that was JUST formatted two weeks ago.

Anybody have any further ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, I am having the same problem with Illustrator CS3. Worked great for about 1 day before it started doing this. Extremely frustrating given the cost of the package. I'm running Windows XP professional.

Any suggestions? reformatting is not an option but returning the software for a refund is!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2007 Nov 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please... I'm dying for a little help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2007 Nov 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XP Home, same issue.

Seems to be update 13.0.2 that does it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2007 Dec 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just started happening to me to. Using XP pro and 13.02. I've tried turning off all other apps, including AV to no resolve. I've tried saving as AI, PDF and eps.

AI and PDF return the unknown error, Eps pretends like it works and does not throw up an error. But of course, it doesn't work as there is no saved file.

This is frustrating as I am editing a document and now I can't save it. I've even tried copying the whole thing to clipboard, closing and restarting illy.

The ONLY format I could save to was SVG, this is weak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2007 Dec 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have those exact same symptoms.

I have not been able to narrow it down. As best as I can tell, it is limited to just illustrator - everything else that I've tried has worked i n the collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple work-around that seems to do it for me... although it is still annoying. You can save files you have previously saved- so what I do is copy an old file and open it up and clear everything out of it. Then I paste my current unsaved art into the old file and press save (not save as). After that, in windows, I re-label the item. So far it seems to work, but I cannot get much functionality beyond that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this issue as well and it is driving me crazy. What's the deal, Adobe!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2007 Dec 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me...for months and months i haven't had a problem and now it's happening all the time. I'm running XP Pro. Glad to know that upgrading to Vista won't help..that would have been an expensive experiment. ADOBE NEEDS TO FIX THIS. I'm about ready to scream. I have had intermitent success copying the contents to a new file and saving, but really that is no solution since Illustrator sucks at copying things across files nicely. I spent my whole day yesterday reinstalling first Illustrator and when that didn't help I reinstalled the whole CS3 suite and it was working most of the day until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to let all of you know that I talked with Adobe yesterday about this issue. I was led through a couple of steps, including turning off PDF compatibility and things like that (apparently that solves the problem in a small number of cases). When that didn't work, I was asked if I had a Microsoft Zune (the PMP). Apparently, there is some sort of bizarre font issue that prevents Illustrator from working properly if any Zune software is running in your processes. By going to msconfig (through "run") and turning off ALL Zune tasks and then restarting, Illustrator functions flawlessly. I still have to restart before running Illustrator a lot, but this is a good work around until it is fixed with a patch. Let me know if this helps at all (-- help for BOTH of us Zune owners out there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2007 Dec 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting Sean. Although, I think that may only be for some people because I have zune installed at work too with the same ver of illy and the problem doesn't happen there. Haven't been able to try again at home since it's packed up temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem since today, and I do not understand why... I have not the Zune player installed, so I do not know how I can do to fix it.
I have the version 13.0.2. It seems that it's a problem since the update of this new version.
ADOBE do not communicate on it, and I'm afraid that we are "alone" to resolve this problem...
Hey Adobe guys, could you help us please ?
Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sean Hallerud!!!! Ever since turning off the Zune stuff in run\msconfig Illustrator is saving again. For anyone else out there, all I did was go to "Start", "Run", typed in "msconfig". Chose the "Services" tab and scrolled to the bottom of the list and unchecked "Zune Bus Enumerator", "Zune Network Sharing Service", and "Zune Wireless Configuration Service". After that I rebooted and my files were saving again. I worked all day yesterday in Illustrator without a problem. I still flinch every time I save, but I think things are "fixed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2007 Dec 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This JUST happend to me on my work pc. the only change that I had done was with the Google Adwords editor. It installed an update and since then I get the unkown error message. Again keeping in mind I have zune installed on both pcs and have made no changes to the zune software.

I was working on illustrator yesterday no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. rebooting resolved the problem this time around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Zune installed here. Brand new Dell Precision laptop with plenty of resources running XP Pro. All Adobe CS3 products open and run fine except Illustrator. Can't open or create a new file without crashing. Have tried disabling every start-up, disabling graphics accelerator, removing all plug-ins, reinstalled twice...nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Illustrator CS3 installed and ZUNE installed.

Kept getting the Error when trying to save.

Uninstalled Zune.

I can now save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2007 Dec 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh really??? I'll try that!! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2007 Dec 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled Zue
Can't save
Restarted the computer.
I can now save. :)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have google adsense editor installed or google desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started to experience the same problem but with photoshop as well. I don't have zune installed and have tried everything but to re-install. Has any body received anything back from Adobe yet on how to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have the CS3 suite installed plus Acrobat Pro 8.0 installed. of course I have a bunch of other stuff installed too (like MediaCenter, ffdshow, and iTunes). But adobe really should get off their as* and write some kind of diagnostics for why save isn't working. this is intolerable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i should also mention I don't have Zune software installed, but do have some font utilities installed. I'm running XP pro with all the latest updates applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue on one of my computers. Each one has the same version of CS2 installed. Both have winxp. For me, it is when there are fonts in my files. Is this the same for you? This issue began happening recently.

cat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody solved this problem on a machine without "zune" installed as it is driving me mad, as I have just bought it to go on my new Dell Laptop with oodles of power and memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines