• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Unknown Error occurred. Image trace randomly stopped working mid session

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using image trace one minute, and the next it won't work. I get the error message "unknown error" (see below)

I've already tried renaming cache files with "old" added to them. Didn't fix my problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I cleared space on my computer.

Please helpppppppp

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 8.59.58 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file format is the placed image? Or is it a pasted screenshot? Try to safe the image in a diffenrent format, place it again in Illustrator and retry the tracing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does More Info... say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This JUST happened to me. I've been working in illustrator for a decade, I know how to use image trace. I know I am doing nothing wrong, but what changed? Did you solve your issue, I can't find any solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us about your Illustrator version, system and hardware?

Did you already reboot the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. I've been using Illustrator since the 90s. Today I can't use Image Trace. I'm using 27.4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Meg Sketch@sarah.andrews87,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. We are here to help and would like to suggest trying to reset Illustrator's preferences as described in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html). If you don't mind, could you please follow the steps and share your observations with us?

Also, kindly check if Illustrator also behaves this way with other files. If not, kindly share some sample files you are having trouble with (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...), so we can check it on our end.

We appreciate your time and effort in helping us resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Meg Sketch @mwaksm @sarah.andrews87,

We are sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused. After investigating this issue, our product team has identified that this error only occurs on macOS Catalina. A workaround for this issue is updating your operating system to a later version or using images larger than 400x400 pixels.

We understand that this issue is hindering your productivity, and we apologize for any frustration this may have caused. We appreciate your patience while our team works on a solution to this issue, which will probably roll by the end of next month.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to help. Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines