Another issue with Export for Screen > SVG

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

following my usual workflow which has worked flawlessly until now, I have opened a PDF exported from Avid Sibelius in Illustrator 2022, opening all artboards and saving it as an AI file. 

From there I went File > Export > Export for Screens > select all artboards > set SVG unchecking Minify but leaving all rest unchanged > then Export. 

Apparently files were good, but when inserting them in InDesign 2022 they looked strangely cropped, as if the white margin was cut out. I thought, as it happened in the past, that the problem could have been the export to PDF from Sibelius, so I opened the PDF in Acrobat and went Print Production > Preflight > Fix potential font issues. 

Opening that resulting file in Illustrator and trying to export to SVG resulted in missing font and other font issues (please notice that I had always set SVG export to Convert to Outlines). 

I am attaching the PDF from Sibelius, the resulting AI, and a few exports to SVG for your investigation. 

Thank you for letting me know what may be wrong.

Copyright notice: this PDF is for a publication so it is only for testing purposes. No other use allowed.

PS: I tried to attach the AI but got this error: "The attachment's lindley_capricci op15.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed." No idea why. Please just open the PDF in AI to reproduce.

PPS: the same workflow from Illustrator 2021 seems not to give the same issues. Could this be a problem with AI 26.3.1?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?