• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to stop the "Generative AI" prompt from popping up?

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: since it seems this might legitimately be a bug, I recommend seeing see my latest post on this thread for a Uservoice request someone else has created. If you're still experiencing this issue, please go to the Illustrator Uservoice forum and upvote/support that post.

I'm guessing this is just a bug or an inescapable prompt with the new program updates, but in the off chance ... Is there any way to get this "Generative AI, now in Illustrator!" to permanently go away? I've run through it with the "Go!" option multiple times, and I've even fiddled around with generating stuff, but it still shows up multiple times a day as if I haven't. It keeps popping up over parts of files I'm working on and interrupting me. I think it's been 3-5 times today alone. Resetting preferences (or not resetting them) makes no difference. I'm using Illustrator 28.0.

Illsutrator stoooooooop.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god, you have got to turn this off. I have no interest in this nonsense, and now i have all of our staff artists being bothered by it. Can we not march so quickly into this abyss??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn this popup off or at least give me an option to opt out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please post this to Uservoice. https://illustrator.uservoice.com

This forum is 95% volunteers. Posting here doesn't reach the decision makers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe. How about a "Never ever interrupt my workflow" setting? (Default on.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! The fact that all these software companies (especially Adobe, but ESPECIALLY Adobe) have to even have this requested has me seriously flumoxxed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a Uservoice post related to this was created this month. For anyone still experiencing the issue, I suggest you post/upvote in there. Since the suggestions given here don't seem to work, I'm guessing this is likely a bug. It seems to have stopped for now on my end, so I'll post in there if it starts showing up again. It looks like several other users are still having the problem.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/939477-illustrator-desktop-beta-bugs/suggestions/47422514-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now December 10th and I am still dealing with this Generative AI prompt.  I would like it gone or money refunded.  I can't x out of it.  I try the preview thinking it will disappear and it never does.  I try zooming in on a board and it centers the prompt on top of the board hiding my work.  This is ridiculous and what is making me very angry as I see that this has been going on since October and there is still no fix.  Please fix this immediately as it is obscuring my work and does not allow me to zoom in on my work.  Come on adobe.  It's been a big problem for several months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to contact the help desk sPlease press CTRL+K General>Uncheck Enable COntent Aware defaults. Restart Ai and check if it helps.ince I could no longer do my work.  They told be to do the following and it worked.

Please press CTRL+K General>Uncheck Enable COntent Aware defaults. Restart Ai and check if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to post another update.  Since my initial success the pop up has returned twice.  The second reoccurrence just happened.  Each time I follow the steps:   CTRL+K General>Uncheck Enable COntent Aware defaults, restart Ai.  This takes care of it.  Actually the ENABLE CONTENT AWARE is already unchecked but I follow the procedure anyway.  I think if I just restart AI that it would also be fixed.  Not sure why they have an x on the pop up as this never works for me.  I hope that Adobe will fix this soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - you're a star!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. It will never go away, pops up several times per session daily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Juniperf  schrieb:

I have this issue too. It will never go away, pops up several times per session daily

Try and deactivate "Content aware features" in Preferences > General

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting you described does not exist.
There is a "Enable Content Aware Defaults", which disabling has no effect on the issue, instead it disables previously-existing, basic tools like the puppet warp and free form gradients

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating the setting does not disable the puppet warp and neither does it disable the freeform gradient. The only thing it does disable are the automatic pins and color stops, which are useless most of the time anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Dec 15 I also tried all of the above suggestions and nothing worked, all that worked for me was to click "Hide" (the eye icon) in the prompt box when it popped up on my design.  At the time I had 3 Illustrator windows open, and selecting "Hide" was applied to the other open files too.  After quitting Illustrator and restarting, the prompt box is still hidden, thankfully. Not sure if the hide feature will still work when my computer is restarted, but for now, no more annoying box to move around the screen.    Maybe this is a new button Adobe recently added after seeing all the user complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized original post is talking about a different prompt box, sorry.  I'm not able to delete my post, so just acknowledging this : )   There have been too many popup boxes lately disrupting my workflow, got them confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hasn't really been listening to it's user base for years. And this annoying pop up just highlights this. It is basically just there to constantly remind us that they need to recoup the money they have spent developing these expensive AI technolgies. Unfortunately I am an old stuck in the mud and actually enjoy design and creating illustrations in illustrator so pressing a button and getting instantenous results doesn't cut the mustard. I will give Adobe some credit though, after 30 years of requesting a feature they have finally listened and introduced a basic dimension tool which you can change scales and units (which is great for signage illustration/drawings). It certainly isn't as good as Corel Draw features were or as powerful as HotDoors Cadtools Plugin but it is at least a start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still occurs 5 months later and adobe has decided to simply ignore it, yeah? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm paying way to much for this service if you can't disable that geneartive pop up. Super annoying plese resolve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the saem issue, the pop up sits there and won't dissapear no matter how many times i click on the "x" . I have to quit the programme to get rid of it, until the next time it pops up. I already have the Enable Content Aware Defaut switched off?!?!?!?!? Was there ever a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point it is clear that this pop up is not a bug. Adobe needs users to start purchasing Generative credits on a regular basis. It is an advertising decision which to my mind is despicable as a subscription user. And unless there is a lot more negative feedback on this and other forums this pop won't disappear..  All I can suggest for now is that you put a Post-it-note over the offending pop up on your monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a "feature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Illustrator records the number of times it has displayed such an advertisement in the preferences file, perhaps if a larger number of times is set, it may no longer be displayed. But this has not been verified.

• Onboarding/OnShapeCreation/FirstCard
  • Onboarding/OnShapeCreation/SecondCard
  • Onboarding/OnShapeCreation/ThirdCard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so infuriated by these annoying pop-ups, I've just got another one about the new measurement tool as I was about export something. I simply don't need to be constantly prompted. And I have no idea why Adobe feels it necessary to start doing this. And the fact that this might actually be recorded in the preferences file. This really does feel like the beginning of the end with my relationship with Adobe, after 30 odd years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps: I've turned off all of the same things everyone has suggested ("Show Rich Quick Info," "Show Tool Tips," and "Enable Content Aware Defaults") in the Preferences panel. AND unchecked the "Contextual Task Bar" under "Window" drop down. The annoying pop ups have gone away now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines