• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anybody else think the new simplify path tool sucks?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TERRIBLE!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe more in detail your problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The new Simplify Path tool in Illustrator (recent fall 2019 update) does not do nearly as accurate a job of simplifying a path while preserving curves and overall shape integrity as previous versions. I'm having to do a tremendous amount more manual editing to remove excess points and it's really disappointing. I was hoping the tool would improve with future updates but so far it has not. I export a lot of drawings from Adobe Draw on my iPad and then simplify my paths on my desktop in Adobe Illustrator. The reduction in this tool's accuracy has added hours to every single project I import. I really hope they revise the tool again at some point and improve its performance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...does not do nearly as accurate a job of simplifying a path while preserving curves and overall shape integrity as previous versions." Catfish describes it well. I used to be able to simplify contour cut outlines for stickers I print and cut, and the new simplify tool after ver 23(?) does a horrible job compared to the previous option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to give an update. Not sure exactly what version it was but sometime in late 2021 or maybe early 2022, the simplify path tool's functionality drastically improved. It's much much much better now. Possibly better than before whatever happened when the functionality suddenly went all horrible for about an entire year. I've been back to much more expedient workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work good at all. i was hoping resutls closer to vectorscribe but it's not even better than the old reduce paths tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines