• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

app preference pane is sized too small to access settings

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to open the app preferences, and the overlay pane is sized only big enough to see the cancel or Ok buttons. I deleted my prefs file for Illustrator, even tried restarting holding shift option command, but nothing resets it. Anybody a recommendation? TIA!

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Hello defaultkzeu9aowqcxi,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As suggested by Mike, I would recommend you try resetting Illustrator's preferences manually by following these steps:

• Close all Adobe applications.
• Go to the following locations
• ~/Library/Caches
• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
• ~/Library/Preferences
• Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Sett

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a screenshot. What version of OS & Illustrator are you using? Make sure they are compatible with each other.

Illustrator system requirements | earlier releases

PREFS  RESET (thorough)

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 22 Settings/en_US*/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

rename Adobe Illustrator 22 to Adobe Illustrator 22 old

PREFS  RESET (other)

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 26/

rename Adobe Illustrator 26 to Adobe Illustrator 26 old

Press Win+R -> appdata -> Roaming -> Adobe -> rename folder Adobe Illustrator 20 (or 21) Settings to any other name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really hard to say.. could be a ton of different things.. my best recommendation is to uninstall illustrator, run the adobe cleaner tool, then re-install illustrator... Not great advice.. but unfortunately it's the best i have right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 11.45.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello defaultkzeu9aowqcxi,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As suggested by Mike, I would recommend you try resetting Illustrator's preferences manually by following these steps:

• Close all Adobe applications.
• Go to the following locations
• ~/Library/Caches
• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
• ~/Library/Preferences
• Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings.old
• Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

If the issue persists, kindly try running Illustrator under the root user account and check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I've got the same issue since 2023 and when I coming back to older version the error stay. I don't understand which files to change in each documents. Can you help me on this ? I tried once but nothing change.Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 12.24.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My bad, it's fixed. Just had to delete all the old versions inside these folders too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines