Exit

Apply to All checkbox missing in Illustrator Links pop-up

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 27.7 intel.png

Illustrator 27.8.1 M2.png

  The links pop-up that appears when links are missing is not showing the Apply to All option in v27.8.1 running on an M2 Mac (upper screenshot). It shows up in v27.7 running on an intel mac (lower screenshot). Anyone know how I get this feature back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Hello @stofte9,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. It's unfortunate to hear that the "Apply to All" checkbox is missing in the Illustrator Links pop-up in version 27.8.1 on your M2 Mac.

I'd like to inform you that our team is aware of this problem and is actively working on a fix. You'll be pleased to know that this issue has already been resolved in the public beta version 27.10.215. This indicates that the fix will likely be included in the next general release of Illustra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screeshots are showing up the opposite of how I uploaded them. The M2 is the first and the intel is the second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @stofte9,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. It's unfortunate to hear that the "Apply to All" checkbox is missing in the Illustrator Links pop-up in version 27.8.1 on your M2 Mac.

I'd like to inform you that our team is aware of this problem and is actively working on a fix. You'll be pleased to know that this issue has already been resolved in the public beta version 27.10.215. This indicates that the fix will likely be included in the next general release of Illustrator as well.

To ensure that your feedback is considered, I recommend upvoting the related UserVoice entry (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/47070262--repla...) and adding your comments, especially after you've had a chance to test the fix in the beta version.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as our team works to address this issue and improve the Illustrator experience.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anushi. That resolved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @stofte9! I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you have any more questions or concerns in the future, feel free to reach out.

Best,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this problem has come back again.  Normally the checkbox "Apply to All" appears but with this latest update it is missing.  Adobe - can you please fix it this time like you fixed it before?  I'm running Windows 11 with Adobe Illustrator v28.5 (updated 4 days ago).Illustrator-apply-to-all-missing-screen-comparison.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry - I am running Windows 10 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Glenn270441875265,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind checking the "Search for Missing Links in this folder" box when selecting your image after clicking Replace to check if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav.  I tried that too ... but that doesn't do anything different.  It still forces me to click the REPLACE button for each instance of the linked image on the page.  That "Apply to All" button worked perfectly and I hope they can put it back in there.  Thanks for trying to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with the Mac version of 28.5. "Apply to all" is missing again. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem but was able to work around by Ignoring and then once the file opens go to links. Relink just one and there is a checkbox there at the bottom that says to "look in the folder for more links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the way how relinking missing files work now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work when relinking new file names to a placeholder image using an Adobe Illustrator template file.  The old way will allow me to relink to a new image JUST ONE TIME ... but this new way requires multiple clicks per image.  I work at a commercial printer and some templates we use have hundreds of images ... which means I will spend a LONG TIME clicking 400+ times.  This new way does NOT work with the Adobe Illustrator templates.  Adobe - please fix this back to the way it worked before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a solution looking for a problem. I'm in the same position as Glenn. I need to replace images in a template. So either put it back the way it was or allow both methods please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, relinking works, replacing does not.

Here is the link to the UserVoice request:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657/suggestions/48498587

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines