• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

applying 3d effect shuts down the program

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running the latest illustrator 28.4.1 on a MacBook and ever since Sonoma 14.4.1 came out i Lost the ability to use anything 3d.  When I try using the 3d effects it immediately  shuts down.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to replicate the issue.

Try uninstall/reinstall or the cleaner tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Barbara, thanks for replying; uninstalling/reinstalling or using the cleaner tool did not work to remedy my issue. If you are not having the same problem, I'm dead in the water on this one. To clarify, I assume you are using a MacBook running the Sonoma 14.4.1. I've read that Sonoma 14.4.1 has given people fits when using Illustrator.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One suggestion going forward would be that if you have auto-update enabled on your Mac you shut it off. With the current back and forth between Apple and Adobe with Sonoma it seems like waiting awhile after any new OS updates come out could be a very prudent idea. Only update to a later version once the dust has cleared and all bugs have been reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Russell295321701h2s,

We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter crashes in the middle of work. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3UCXNNL) and checking if they help? Also, kindly submit the crash report using your Adobe email address and share it here for quick tracking. Steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/49Os6oI). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines