Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic punctuation

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

I copied some Urdu text from an Acrobat file to an illustrator (23.1.1) file.
The result is almost perfect except for the brackets being reversed and in the incorrect position.
See Screen Shots attached.

The bracket on the left side is easily rectified, but I am unable to move the far right bracket to the far left side where it should be.

Any suggestions?

P.S.

I get the same result when opening the Acrobat file in illustrator.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I have found a similar discussion on https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/arabic-text-direction-and-language-in-illustrator-cc-2014...
Please check it out and let us know if it helps you out.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh.

Thanks for the response.
I tried the suggested fixes prior to posting my question. They did not work then and they still do not fix my dilemma.
Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely related to the Paragraph and Character Direction which can be controlled if you download current or older version of Illustrator with Middle Eastern support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When on your text click Character, then the three lines on top right of box then check that language is set to arabic, and digits is set to RTL Arabic. Now click paragraph, then the three lines on the top right of the box, check middle eastern single or everyline is selected and right-to-left paragraph dictation is selected. Hope this helps! I was having a nightmare with it also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. This must be a new feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been using the english/arabic versions of the programs? I've been using it for about a year so not sure on that as was only in english before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Erin.
I'm based in New Zealand, so use the English version. I'm not familiar with the Arabic version.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines