• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arc text at top and bottom like sun rays

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I created this last year and somehow the file got lost and I cannot recreate.  I've tried many combos of arcing the type on a path vs not on a path but can't quite get there.  Any thoughts?  Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe using envelopes for the top and bottom text can work. Did you try that already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! I found the old file.  It was on creative cloud and not my computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deanna,

How about this?

1) Type (and outline if desired) SUNNY and SMILE separately one over the other, then align horizontally, then stretch/contract either horizontally so they hav the same length (W box in the Transform panel),

2) Select SUNNY and apply Arc with a 100% Bend, then repeat for SMILE only with a -100% Bend,

3) Move either vertically (you can ShiftClickDrag and/or use up/down arrow and/or use Transform Move) to fit).

It looks as if that could have been the way you have done it, owing to the deviation from a circular shape.

If you wish to have it truly circular you need to use another, new way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! I found the old file.  It was on creative cloud and not my computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, Sunny Smog.

May I ask which way it was done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! It is a font that I created.  I found the old file.  It was on creative cloud and not my computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines