Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard creation from a .csv

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I need a scrip/plugin that will create numerous artboards of different sizes with information from a .csv file. Anyone got any ideas.

Regards Steve 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steveb72579112 could you please share how your csv looks like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz 

It would be the figure in red that would be output to .csv you will also see the qty this could be multiples of same size.

Regards Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steveb72579112 it should be multipage pdf or 1 size = 1 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukazs

Multiple files and multiple sizes, see other screenshot if there are lots of artbaords required I use the 10%

Regards Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steveb72579112 there is link to script: https://pastebin.com/kwL5sQYk, check it and let me know if everything works properly.

Every sizes are set up as 10%, if it isn't problem for you (or you can tell me when over quantity of artboards you use 10%, so I could change it)

Before you start script, please open empty document.

If you want check for other different tools which can help you with work, visit gumroad.com/sitl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz

Thank you. I have taken the text file and renamed .jsx and installed in Illustratot. I have created .csv from my docs. But it comes up with errors. I have attached two .csv's One with headers and one without to show you what I have to see were I am going wrong.

Regards Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz

I have had a look at your website looks great. If you are interested once we have this basic one working I have an idea to enhance to a plugin which I know would be a best seller in our industry worldwide and could be licencesd if you would like to colaborate.

Regards Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steveb72579112 ok, I see. Before you show me csv files where was more information like product, type etc.  Could you please upload csv which you are going to import Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz

Those two were the type of .csv I will import. This is for Silicone Edge Graphics for the exhibition industry. We have clients who will order lots of graphics of different quantities and sizes. We first have to make allowances for the tension in the frames. I have attached an image to show you what it's used for.

Regards Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steveb72579112 was tested on your files, so should works incase of 2 different csv files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucasz

Can't seem to get this one working, the first one went into scripts fine. But can't see the new one in scripts and if I select other scripts these are greyed out. see the attached. Your first one opened in the past bin but the later opens in browser. I copied it and pasted in text editer and saved then renamed.

Regards Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steveb72579112 maybe just download file from this link: https://easyupload.io/cm5j86

After download just drag and drop this script like attached video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lucasz

Your video looks exciting. But not working for me. I have downloaded the file. I create a page in illustrator and drag and dropt the script on the artboad but it just pastes the text. See attached. Any ideas?

Regards Steve

Perhaps we can email to discuss my idea - steve@colourgraphics.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines