• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning ICC profile to an AI or EPS document (that has no profile)

Advocate ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

IĀ“m using Illustrator CS6.

I have some AI and EPS files without embed ICC profiles.

IĀ“m trying to write a JavaScript that opens each document, assign the working ICC profile then save and close.

Have already done everything about opening and closing. ItĀ“s perfect.

The problem is the embeding ICC profile. Reading Illustrator JavaScript reference I did not find any method I could use to assign an ICC profile to the activeDocument.

Can you confirm itĀ“s really not possible? (to assign an ICC profile to the opened topmost document)

Thank you a lot

Gustavo.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AI you do this with your color management settings and save the file with embedded profileā€¦ eps has no profile so convert to ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muppet

Yes...this is the real problem. The intention is really to open EPS files and save to AI with embed profile.

The problem is that original EPS files does not come with an ICC profile. So if I open this file then save as AI (even setting embedICCProfile = true for the IllustratorSavingOptions object) the AI file wont have a profile.

I set my Color Management Polices to Convert to Profile...but Illustrator wont convert anything since the original EPS does not come with one profile.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you a lot

Gustavo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have CMS set to "Convert to Working Space" for both RGB & CMYKā€¦ This should convert to profile on openingā€¦ You should then be able to include in your save optsā€¦

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muppet

Yes the polices work for files that originally has an embed profile. But considering EPS without a profile, it opens in Illustrator as "untagged RGB" or "untagged CMYK"...so the ended AI file wont have a profile!

Will make some other tests here. Altought a little crazy, I found a solution working this way:

1. After opening the EPS, I made a function to unlock all layers and sublayers.

2. Another function to unlock all pageItems then select it (so All pageItems are selected).

3. Used app.copy();

4. Added a new blank document that already comes with the working profile.

5. Used app.paste(); to paste in the new document.

6. Used the method to fit the artboard to the selection

7. Saved as AI file

8. Remove the EPS file using File.remove();

It worked and got what I was expected to have as result. However some EPS had a lot of element..then it tooks a long time to select everything and copy A little crazy but solved my problem hahaha

Best Regards

Gustavo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set Layer.hasSelectedArtwork = true; will select all pageItems whether locked or not! So step 2 is not need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow

Thank you for the tip moluapple. Have not think this way

Thank you a lot

Best Regards

Gustavo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Muppet

No problem. You help me a lot. About the EPSs you reached what I got in my tests too haha

Best Regards

Gustavo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear I misinformed youā€¦ ooops I ran some tests here and can't get it to workā€¦ I must admit I swapped over from *.eps to *.ai with pdf compatability some years ago which makes me suspect I did this with AppleScriptā€¦ Sorry about thatā€¦

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines