• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AXT font

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with all the fonts that start AXT (arabic font) , all the work I have written with these fonts is invalid.

Is there a solution to this problem?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

As per my search it seems these fonts are not supported by Adobe since CS6, so you will have to look at alternatives of these fonts. See some relevant discussion on this topic given below

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/why-axt-arabic-fonts-not-working-properly-in-windows/td-p/10403553

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/adobe-illustrator-2020-v24-1-2-408-and-adobe-photoshop-2020-v21-1-2-issue-with-axt-arabic-font/td-p/11117283

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

I connected with Adobe suppore and they fixed this issue for me
by installing 21 version instead of 22 & it works. So you can do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

I strongly advise any users of the AXT fonts to acquire alternative OpenType fonts instead. Axt fonts were developed in late 1980s for QuarkExpress, and they are mostly unsearchable in a PDF, I mean if you search for the word في which is right there in your PDF, then Acrobat cannot find it because AXT fonts are drawn as Arabic but the table of glyphs are non-Arabic.

Adobe announced that they will stop supporting AXT fonts a long time ago, and the time has come for the users to look for a newer t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my search it seems these fonts are not supported by Adobe since CS6, so you will have to look at alternatives of these fonts. See some relevant discussion on this topic given below

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/why-axt-arabic-fonts-not-working-properly-in-...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/adobe-illustrator-2020-v24-1-2-408-and-adobe-...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Illustrator virsion is 2022 and i used these fonts AXT (arabic font) 2 days back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @naimabdullah,

I don't have any hands on experience with these fonts. However going by the comment on the threads I posted which says that the support for these fonts was discontinued since CS6. Now you can't rely that something unspported will always keep working, it can stop behaving properly due to n no of reasons like, a software update, OS update, update to another software that seems unrelated to the one manifesting the issue. So as per the suggestion in the psots above, try looking for alternatives for a more reliable behaviour and avoiding last minute surprises.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem just today, 2 days back everything was OK.
I am using these fonts for along time (many years) in all of my files with arabic text.

any advice or solutions ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue after i got my MAC updated and reinstalled the font. My colleague who has font installed already is having no problem. Did you got any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Yet ... Still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do upload here if you get to know of any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I connected with Adobe suppore and they fixed this issue for me
by installing 21 version instead of 22 & it works. So you can do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly advise any users of the AXT fonts to acquire alternative OpenType fonts instead. Axt fonts were developed in late 1980s for QuarkExpress, and they are mostly unsearchable in a PDF, I mean if you search for the word في which is right there in your PDF, then Acrobat cannot find it because AXT fonts are drawn as Arabic but the table of glyphs are non-Arabic.

Adobe announced that they will stop supporting AXT fonts a long time ago, and the time has come for the users to look for a newer technology ie. OpenType.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any converter to unicode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe cannot just keep on dictating to their customers what kind of fonts they can or cannot use. That is just saying use our products the way we want or take a hike. That is pretty selfish and greedy and monopolizing in attitude. Many older generation artists and designers have done a lot of work using those AXt open fonts. It is just totally absurd or ridiculous for them to be adopting that kind of attitude. Very arrogant indeed. Sad to the core. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem and i need it please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines