• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

batch exporting mulitple ai files to jpeg (+ exporting artbords)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let me start by saying how awesome you guys are for being able to write scripts.

I have about 250 ai files, each with two artboards.

Is there anyway I can export the ai files to jpegs but also exporting each artboard into its own jpeg.

I hope that makes sense.

Here's an example.

When I open one of the illustrator files, there are two art boards. I  can go File>Export> and choose 'jpeg' then check 'use artboards' then hit export, I can achieve what I want. I would like to do this to all 250 ai files with a script.

appreciate any help on this!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

You can accomplish your task with Actions- just record yourself exporting with File > Export & appropriate settings and then closing the file.  Then, in the fly-out menu of the Action palette there's a "Batch" option, which produces a new dialog window.  Select the source folder where all your files are and the action will run on each of the files.  But, taking focus off Illustrator is probably going to mess it up, so you'd want to let the actions run & not touch the computer ( at least for me o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can accomplish your task with Actions- just record yourself exporting with File > Export & appropriate settings and then closing the file.  Then, in the fly-out menu of the Action palette there's a "Batch" option, which produces a new dialog window.  Select the source folder where all your files are and the action will run on each of the files.  But, taking focus off Illustrator is probably going to mess it up, so you'd want to let the actions run & not touch the computer ( at least for me on Windows 7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll second Silly-V's answer.

It could be done with a script but is just not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. So grateful there are people like you guys that make my job easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are the man!!! You just saved me hours maybe even days cuz I got another 500 ai files coming in soon.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of that. Probably because I didn't know there was a 'batch' feature. Now I do thanks to you. Thank you so much, I really appreciate your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines