• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big color shift and pink flicker when dragging window from external monitor to macbook's screen

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue when working in Illustrator,

I'm using a dual screen setup, If I start working on my external monitor and drag the window to my macbook pro's screen, the screen will flicker pink in a split second then the colors become way off, they get really saturated on my macbook pro. If I disconnect my monitor, restart illustrator and open the project on my macbook without the external display attached, then it displays colors acurately for that screen. So the issue is that whenever I have my external display connected, it messes up my macbook's screen color calibration quite badly.

With the external monitor attached, I've tried selecting the option to display on CPU which seemed to get a bit closer to matching colors on both monitors but my blacks turn gray so it seems unhelpful.

The mac's profile is Apple XDR Display (P3-1600nits), the external display is a HP Pavilion 22xw with a color profile named HP 22xw. 

What do you think I should do to solve this issue?

Thank you very much for your help!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Hello @solar_groove,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to recalibrate both your displays for sRGB (https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/calibrate-your-display-mchlp1109/mac), restarting your computer, and then relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

External_monitor.pngMacbook.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @solar_groove,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to recalibrate both your displays for sRGB (https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/calibrate-your-display-mchlp1109/mac), restarting your computer, and then relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines