• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank screen on launch Illustrator 2024

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I hope you are all having a wonderful day wherever you are in the world. I am trying to use Illustrator and have not had any issues with it until today. When I open it, it doesn't fully load, there are no tools or anything. I have attached a screenshot to show what it looks like. When I try opening an existing file, it doesn't let me click on it or anything. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the issue remains. I can still use photoshop fine. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Hi @lotusblack98,

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. We've received similar reports from other users, and our team is actively investigating. To help us resolve this problem, we need a memory dump from your machine. Please follow the steps outlined below.

Steps to collect Memory Dump on Windows :
  1. Open Task Manager
  2. Right click on Adobe Illustrator task process
  3. Click on Create Dump file
  4. once dump created, there will be a .dmp file created in temp folder(Lo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would suggest is resetting Preferences in Illustrator. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you launch Illustrator. Very often this trick can clean up some corrupted stuff. Did you install any important updates to system hardware such as the computer's graphics board? Even updates to the operating system can sometimes cause problems.

Also, which version of Illustrator are you using? Did this issue happen after running the latest update? Or are you using an older version of Illustrator? It might be easier to see what's going on if you tell us what version of Illustrator you're using as well as your computer's OS and graphics board details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobby, thank you so much for your reply! I have not recently installed any updates to the operating system. I am using the most up to date version of illustrator. I am using a mac, and tried the Option+Command+Shift but it did not work. I am not sure what to do, this is the app I use the most for work and I work remotely so no way of getting anyone else to look at it, but I need it for work tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting the Preferences file doesn't work I would try removing and reinstalling Illustrator. If that step doesn't work it might be necessary to do a clean removal and reinstall procedure using the Adobe CC Cleaner tool. The following Adobe web page provides details how to use the Cleaner tool and download links:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Another option would be to uninstall the version of Illustrator you were using and roll back to an earlier point release update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which hardware (please give us details) and which system are you using? Just in case you are using the Mac Sonoma beta, you will be out of luck and have to downgrade that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @carolinao,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing with Adobe Illustrator. When the tools and interface don't load properly, it can indeed be frustrating. Since you've already tried reinstalling Illustrator, here are a couple of additional steps you can try along with resetting preferences as suggested by Bobby:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    MAC: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1692833670011.png

Try Different Workspaces: Sometimes, workspace configurations can cause problems. You can try loading a different workspace by going to the "Window" menu and selecting a different workspace from the list. Also, try resetting them.

I hope one of these steps helps you get Illustrator back up and running as expected.

Best regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, has anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact same issue and have tried all of the troubleshooting solutions offered here, but my Illustrator is still not working at all. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @lotusblack98,

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. We've received similar reports from other users, and our team is actively investigating. To help us resolve this problem, we need a memory dump from your machine. Please follow the steps outlined below.

Steps to collect Memory Dump on Windows :
  1. Open Task Manager
  2. Right click on Adobe Illustrator task process
  3. Click on Create Dump file
  4. once dump created, there will be a .dmp file created in temp folder(Location will be visible on dialog once dump is wholly written)
  5. share that file with us.

Please refer to this for mac
  • By default, macOS disables core dumps for most applications. To enable core dumps, youā€™ll need to execute the following command in Terminal:
  • sudo launchctl limit core unlimited
  • After the crash, macOS typically generates a crash report which can be found in the following directory:
  • ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports
  • Also, during crash, a pop-up dialog appears. Click Report... to save the report to system reports.
  • You can use the following steps to locate the system reports in your system:
  • Click the launch pad and search for Console.
  • In Console, click System Reports on the left pane.
  • Search for Crash report having the filename with a prefix as Adobe Crash Reporter_YYYY-MM-DD where YYYY-MM-DD is the date on which the file is saved.
  • Right-click on the report file and click Reveal in Finder to get the logs which can be shared.
    image.png

As workaround, you may install version 27.7 from Creative Cloud Desktop. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines