• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend tool is not blending

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running into a problem with the Blend tool, having two objects that are separated letters in a circle shape. They completely repeat each other, but have a different size. The smaller one is under the larger one. Their centers are superimposed on each other. The essence of the problem is that the Blend tool simply refuses to work, the program writes that the tool is not available. I have no idea how to solve this problem, because I work in Adobe Illustrator for the first time in my life. Please help, important project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us what's in the Layers panel. We need to see those groups.

You could also check out this video, maybe it answers your question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_r_8PpaK8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so there are two layers, first is yellow background and second is the actual objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the artwork layer (click on the triangle). We need to see the structure inside your groups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, here you go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, now i got what you asking from me, here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the blend with the layer unlocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To me it looks like the two objects that you want to blend, are all grouped in one big group.

What you need to have is two groups : one for each of the lettershapes: the orange ones and then the red ones

Did you watch my video? It explains how your base artwork should look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you used an Envelop Distort to create the shape of the text. What did you do after? Did you expand it or leave it as is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the text is just one compound path. You might need to ungroup and release compound a couple of times, then make it a compound path. Below is a blend between two compound paths.

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 2.03.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you are tryinng to blend more than 2 objects! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines