• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blending object along curve

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm coming with the question about 'blending' this short path along curve. What I try to do is presented in picture no. 3. However doing it via Object > Blend gives a result where object is centered on the curve (which is technically correct outcome, just not the one I'm looking for). Is there any clever way I could achieve result from picture 3?

Mateo29472468p87x_2-1681847117665.pngMateo29472468p87x_3-1681847129306.pngMateo29472468p87x_4-1681847145301.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

siciarmat,

What you need is a path of twice the length with the lower half invisible.

That will give you the desired length of the paths above the curved spine path.

You can do that in a number of ways.

One simple way is to make the double length, starting from the top, and use Dashed Line, the dash being half the length.

Another one is to make a copy of the original path and drag it downwards by the top end to snap, then set the stroke (colour) to none or set the opacity to 0.

But f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

siciarmat,

What you need is a path of twice the length with the lower half invisible.

That will give you the desired length of the paths above the curved spine path.

You can do that in a number of ways.

One simple way is to make the double length, starting from the top, and use Dashed Line, the dash being half the length.

Another one is to make a copy of the original path and drag it downwards by the top end to snap, then set the stroke (colour) to none or set the opacity to 0.

But for the rounded ends there would be other ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably I am overlooking something, but as per your screenshot Nr. 3 I don't see an obvious concept about the desired alignment.

On the other hand, you created what is shown in Nr. 3, didn't you? So, if you know how you did it you may know how to do it if you have to do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines