• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blending tool not blending or allowing me to "make" blend

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to blend two zigzag lines together on Illustrator and every time I go to blend options and blend it, it doesn't work. It also isn't allowing me to click "make" under blend. Help, please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to object>blend>blend options make sure smooth color is selected. Also toggle the preview button to see if it changes. Then go back and select make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't even let me toggle the preview button. I tried these steps again & its still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I can not press preview.  I am trying to fix it all day and nothing. If someone knows how to fix this let me now please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show your artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is basically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is area text in your artwork. You can't blend area text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i'm having the same problem.

what is 'area text'? 

i'm trying to blend those two last layers and i just can't

Renata5CAD_0-1615755229633.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this about text: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/text-basics.html

What you want is "a line of text"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue. Please help

By @Roshni5F93

There are acouple of different issues in this monster thread. You might want to post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Illustrator all day -  the Blend function worked just fine until it didn't.  Literally stopped working!  The Preview did not work, and when I clicked "Make", all I got was basically a solid "stroke" around the smaller bend shape - no gradient blend at all. 

I "refreshed" my workspace, and finally, uninstalled and re-installed Illustrator.  Same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant to use blend . Why ? please help me T__TScreenshot (193).pngScreenshot (190).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just one path, right? You need at least two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i drew 2 path . but i cant use it again .can you explain me ? what is my false ? how i use it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i finally understood .THANK YOU ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amaraa5E90_0-1625117782377.png

heyy i cant to use blend make. Why ? please help me^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot that includes the layers panel. The layer needs to be open, so the objects are visible in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bless u for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - the blend function is not blending - just leaving a solid stroke around my smaller image.  I did up a sample for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer panel shows that the bland has been created. What do you expect it to look like?

Also: Please embed your screenshots in your post, don't attach them. They take ages to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica,

Thanks for getting back to me. The result I expect would be like a gentle gaussian blur within the outer shape.
I eventually contacted Adobe, since the Community forum had no concrete answers.

Sumit, at Adobe, spent almost an hour with me, remotely trying to fix the issue.
She took care of files from my activity monitor and library, and reset my preferences.

After a re-start, that seemed to work just fine. BUT when I tried the Blend function on an existing file, the same "stroke"-like effect happened.
She then did a clean reinstall.
Basically a pristine, completely new Adobe program.
I restarted the computer, and the Blend function still did not work.

Sumit finally threw in the white flag and said she's going to consult her associates and would get back to me.

I did get an email from them last night asking for convenient times to call me back.

I'm working on a new Apple iMAC desktop computer, OS 12.1, so I doubt the computer is at fault.

Take care, Marilyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload your Illustrator file to Dropbox or Creative Cloud or the like and post the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines