• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blending Tool Problem

Participant ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to use the blend tool in Illustrator and it keeps coming out unblended (Is that a word?) (3rd photo). Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

1 Help.jpg

2 Help.jpg

3 Help.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

As usual, this is for example only, and not supposed to be a work of art, but I think you might have more success with a Gradient Mesh, rather than a blend. It takes care and patience, but gives you lots of control, once you get the feel of it. If you haven't already, follow the links in Illustrator Help and Tutorials. Start with a rectangle, Create Gradient Mesh. Go as far as you can with the simplest mesh you can get away with (I started with a 2×2 mesh), and only add lines when you're forced

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As usual, this is for example only, and not supposed to be a work of art, but I think you might have more success with a Gradient Mesh, rather than a blend. It takes care and patience, but gives you lots of control, once you get the feel of it. If you haven't already, follow the links in Illustrator Help and Tutorials. Start with a rectangle, Create Gradient Mesh. Go as far as you can with the simplest mesh you can get away with (I started with a 2×2 mesh), and only add lines when you're forced to (shortcut U). It's really too complex a subject to give you a full tutorial in a forum response, but I think it would be worth your time and effort to get familiar with it.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines