• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry and Pixelated Work Area

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! Everything is blurry and pixelated.

I'm trying to work on a menu, and the file is a relatively normal size. While scrolling, zooming in and out, my workspace keeps blurring in certain sections and some elements disappear.

I have to zoom in and out until I find a sweet spot where it reloads and sharpens. The file works and it itsn't necessarily slow, it's just the loading of everything. 

My Illustrator is updated, I've restarted my Macbook Pro multiple times. This problems persists! What can I do?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @aylinrx,

If you're experiencing blurriness and pixelation in the work area of Adobe Illustrator, try the following steps:

• Switch to CPU Preview: Press Cmd + E (Mac) or Ctrl + E (Windows) to switch between GPU and CPU preview modes. Sometimes, GPU rendering can cause display issues.

• Check Document Raster Effects Settings:

• Go to Effect > Document Raster Effects Settings.
    • Set the resolution to a lower value (e.g., 72 ppi).
    • Click OK.
  • Ensure your GPU drivers are up to date. Visit the official website of your GPU manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers.

• Check File Complexity: If the issue occurs with complex files, try simplifying the file. If it happens with all files, the issue might be system-wide.

If the issue persists, it might be helpful to provide more details about your system specifications, the complexity of the file, and any recent changes to your setup. This information can assist in diagnosing the problem more accurately.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to CPU preview as you suggested worked!  Thank you 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, and i have tried the trick of swithcing back from CPU to GPU.. and that's a fix - but i have NEVER had to do that before, and the fix is temporary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your experience, @Martine5FE3. It's concerning that the switch between CPU and GPU preview modes provides only a temporary fix for the blurriness and pixelation issue.

To further troubleshoot this problem, could you provide some additional information?

1. Have you recently updated your operating system or GPU drivers?
  2. Which operating system and Adobe Illustrator version are you currently using?
  3. Can you share your system specifications, including CPU, RAM, and GPU?
  4. Are you using any external devices, such as a tablet or external monitor connected via USB or HDMI? If so, what is the monitor's resolution?
  5. Could you provide a screenshot of your color settings in the document?
  6. Does this issue happen while working on specific or all new/old files?

With this information, we can better understand the root cause of the issue and provide more targeted assistance.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul,
Have you recently updated your operating system or GPU drivers?
If you are referring for OS updates – I do updates as they are approved/pushed through 3M. I have never known that there was a CPU / GPU update to do, so I cannot speak to that.
Which operating system and Adobe Illustrator version are you currently using?
Sonoma 14.4 / AI 28.3
Can you share your system specifications, including CPU, RAM, and GPU?
CPU 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
GPU AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
RAM 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Are you using any external devices, such as a tablet or external monitor connected via USB or HDMI?
External Monitor HDMI - Eizo CG2730
If so, what is the monitor's resolution?
2560x1440 (default)
Could you provide a screenshot of your color settings in the document?
It happens in all my documents. They are all set up as CMYK
[A screenshot of a computer Description automatically generated]
Does this issue happen while working on specific or all new/old files?
ANY FILE.. new and old – so far as I can tell. It’s been happening for a few months and more frequently lately.
If you’d like I can start documenting every time it happens.,.. it happened again this am, which is why I revisited the previous post and commented.

Martine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing detailed information about your setup, @Martine5FE3. Based on your description, here are some further steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

• Since the blurriness and pixelation issue occurs, it's worth testing if setting the Mac & monitor resolution around 1920x1080 helps alleviate the problem. Sometimes, running the monitor at its default resolution might strain the GPU and cause display issues.

• Given that your MacBook Pro is equipped with robust hardware, it's unusual for it to struggle with Illustrator performance. However, considering that your machine hardware specs are around 5 years old, it's possible that it may not be keeping up with the demands of newer software updates. Monitor your system's performance while working in Illustrator to see if it starts making a lot of fan noise or gets heated up, which could indicate a strain on the hardware.

• Review the HelpX article on optimizing Illustrator performance (https://adobe.ly/49YUsNV) for tips on maximizing efficiency and minimizing lag in the application. This may include using Illustrator features effectively, optimizing OS, and utilizing hardware acceleration effectively.

• If the issue persists, it would be helpful to start documenting every time it happens, including details such as file names and actions performed prior to the issue. This can provide valuable information for further troubleshooting and identifying patterns or triggers for the problem.

By following these steps and documenting your observations, we can better understand and address the blurriness and pixelation issue in Adobe Illustrator.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, it's not really a fix, as it gives you a poorer experience. Using CPU sucks. It disables animated zoom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another infuriating step backwards for Adobe Illustrator. The great program that I loved has become a frustating, buggy, shadow of it's former self. This program now gets in my way and hampers my productivity. Great job, Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @bwstokes,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, exact details of your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3ynu2aL), so we can better assist you?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 11.57.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using illustrator 28.3 on a 2020 imac with os 14.4.1—but that doesnt matter. it's garbage like this that's been plaguing Illustrator for years. and its been across computers/Ilustrator versions/operating systems. And it almost never gets better, despite it being brought to your attention repeatedly for years. That isn't an exaggeration at all. This is just the latest issue. The workflow is simply me working in illustrator. I can work around the issue by switching the view to wireframe and back, but you have to do it over and over and over. it's just another issue impedeing my workflow and adding time and frustration. I've been using Illustrator as my primary work tool for over 20 years. I used to love this program. Now I HATE it. It went from being a helpful tool to a program that gets in my way and actually hampers progress. It's buggy as hell, never gets fixed and you keep taking things away. It is getting worse all the time. HOW?????? I'm pissed off just thinking about it. Hire some damn consultants who work with your tools daily and fix all the bs that you've intentionally ignored for years. I can't comprehend why youve let it devolve to the terribleness that it currently is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue! It's driving me crazy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @bwstokes,

Thanks for sharing the details. The screenshots suggest that the document's legibility is indeed hampered. Would you mind sharing a public link to a sample file after uploading it to Dropbox/Google Drive, etc., so we can check it on our end?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's literally every single file i open in Ill 24, so this isnt a file issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @bwstokes,

Thanks for confirming that. I was asking for the sample file so that I could try to replicate this behavior on my end and share it with the product team.
It would help me further with this case if you could kindly share a sample file along with the screen resolution and scaling settings used in the system preferences.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 3.32.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 3.32.57 PM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, along with the blurriness, you get big chunks of visual info disappearing in the files. the top file is before, the bottom is after i switched to wireframe and back—which I'm literally doing every few seconds. You can also see the top part of the screen is in focus while the majority of the screen remains blurry.

I can't attach the illustrator file because it will not allow that file type. That f'n figures. Helpful...

How do you want me to get you the file? And please fix the issue of not being able to upload your own file types. 

2560x1440 (default) is the sceen resolution on my mac. I don't know the scaling settings. How do I find that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the file extension to PDF, then you can upload it to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can't follow up with you at the moment because i'm

in Temple, Tx and my office got hit by a tornado. How do I follow up with you on this once I'm able?. I've got SEVERAL other issues that y'all have been ignoring for years that I'd love to discuss as well...

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, every new file I create has this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @digitaldiane,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind changing the Display resolution and scaling under the OS settings (Windows / macOS) to their defaults and relaunching Illustrator to see if that helps?

Also, try switching to CPU Preview in Illustrator (View > Preview on CPU) and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @bwstokes,

I’m sorry to hear about the situation, and I hope everyone is safe. We understand the urgency of your issues and want to resolve them as quickly as possible. Please head here (https://adobe.ly/3UXjkiT) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines