Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Borderless printing issue

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use MAC and am currently trying to print an A4 print using the borderless function (something that up until last week i was able to do with no problems). The paper size, artboard and printer settings are all set up correctly, and when i go to print previewe the page displays correctly. However when i am printing it, it is almost as if the image is zoomed in and it is cutting of 5mm from the bottom of the page and 5mm from the right hand side of the page. I have tried with 2 different printers so i know it is not a print issue, and I have spent hours on the phone to adobe support and had no luck. I am utterly stumped! Any help is greatly appreciated!  

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From here, one could only guess why it stopped working as it was. Have you tried saving as PDF, then printing from Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have tried with 2 different printers so i know it is not a print issue"

So you can print to two other printers borderless? Why do you need a third?

Can you print borderless if you print from Acrobat?

Did you just update Illy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have tried printing as a pdf also but still have the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What printer are you using? and what System?

If you've recently updated your System, make sure your driver is still compatible. Most printers that print borderless slightly enlarge the image to accomplish that, and some drivers have a setting to allow for varying this "expansion". Perhaps this setting has been changed without you realizing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the Epson WF-7840. I have reinstalled all drivers and they are up to date. Do you know where i would check if that setting has been changed?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer should have some documentation. That should tell you whether it can print borderless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the printer has the funcionality to be able to print borderless....but  curently is not working correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then just contact EPSON and ask them how to enable the functionality in your printer driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be in the Print Settings, and also assuming you have selected a Borderless Page Size.

Just glancing at the driver myself now, I see two potential places:

One, is in the Printer & Scanners Setup Options:

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.50.14 AM.png

 and in Print Settings...

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.51.13 AM.png

Regardless, your issue is with the print driver. Check your manual (they are available online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines