• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

borderless printing

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought an Epson L1800 borderless printer but am really disappointed that I cannot print directly from illustrator I have to save to desktop and print via Epson ap - anyone found a way you can?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what steps you have tried, but this seems like an Epson issue. You would have to install the correct print driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a adobe issue as I can print borderless through Epson ap but not through Illustrator or photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a adobe issue as I can print borderless through Epson ap but not through Illustrator or photoshop

By @nightingaledesign

That's a bold statement. It's an Epson printer and an Epson app. If their printer driver allowed what you want to do, you could do so in any application. But printer drivers on macOS are rarely full-blown, and they very often hide features from the programs. The Epson app, with my most intelligent guess, circumvents the printer driver and does its own stuff. Never use a proprietary application from a hardware vendor to be the role model.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply isn't correct or helpful. I have spent time with both Epson and Adobe support and both agree it is an Adobe issue, both say it is only possible through Epson ap - I just hoped some clever person had found a clever way round the issue, rather than just making guesses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but my guess is based on experience. Therefore, it's an intelligent guess. As I do not have (any more) an Epson printer, I cannot check. And my crystal ball does not provide me insight into your printer settings. You did not share them with us.

Printer drivers, to offer borderless printings, normally upsize slightly what is sent to them. The application does not even see that.

Sorry, for not being helpful. I did what I could with the little information that you gave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS has multiple problems because printer drivers do not follow always the OS way to interact with application programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind the Epson app - can you print borderless from ANY OTHER non-Epson apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from the non-technical Lounge to Illustrator.]

Can you export .ai to PDF and print from Acrobat Pro?

Make sure you have a compatible print driver for your particular operating system from the Epson website.

https://epson.com/support/epson-connect-printer-setup-for-mac-os-x

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nightingaldesign,

In addition to what Nancy said, I am afraid you need a PostScript (emulating) driver to print properly straight from AI; many printers have no such driver.

It can be difficult to establish, unless you can see it in a list of drivers for the printer.

The roundabout way is exactly what Nancy mentiones, namely to Save a Copy as PDF (the safest way to avoid turning your AI document into an inferior PDF), or Print to PDF, then print it from Acrobat (or Reader or something else that opens PDFs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're enabling Bordlerless in the Print Settigns, correct?

WarrenHeaton_0-1663206819272.png

Epson L1800 Model: C11CD82501 User Guide

Also, as a troubleshooting step, have you tried printing something borderless with the bundled Epson Easy Photo Print software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi There, i have the same issue but with an HP OfficeJet 8210. I can confirm i can print borderless from MS Office Word and from Adobe PDF if exported from AI. But not from AI, i was able before. i believe this issue came within the latest update ? i do remember the page printing area in the preview respected the physical output print. no matter if i select the edge to edge letter setting the page edges doesnt go away ( i did print test ) and white border's around.
screenshot attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @defaultvo0alkl9xykr,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to manually reset Illustrator's preferences and checking if it helps:

For macOS

• Close all Adobe applications.

• Go to the following locations

• ~/Library/Caches

• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

• ~/Library/Preferences

• Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings.old

• Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

user-library.png

For Windows

- Close all Adobe applications.

- Go to Location C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

- Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator - 27 Settings.old

- Relaunch Illustrator from Creative Cloud

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also save a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines