Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bought logo is partially pixelatd in illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm new to illustarator and to this community so I apologize if i'm not posting this in the right place.

My boss bought a logo for his restaurant when he opened a year ago.

I just got him to send it to me so I can make it black (it was som odd not compelely black colour and some parts was grey for no apparent reason). But when I opened the eps file in illustrator I could make it black exept for one part of the logo, and that part is pixelated! 

I might be stupid, but I can't figure it out and i haven't found an answer anywhere either.. 

Is there anyone who can help me figure it out?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

If flattening or expanding doesn't help (and I don't expect it to), take the pen tool and draw it. It's symmetrical, so you only need to draw one half.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That part has been flattened.

There must have been some transparency involved. 

Did you get any warning when opening the file? Do you have the latest version (26) or some older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! 

No, no warning and I have version 26.5.

Is there any way to fix it? He doesen't remember where he bought it either. He isn't into anything technical with this kind of stuff so I've been taking over the design jobs since I made nicer menus to the restaurant than the company ha paid. 

I really want to solve this so I can use the logo the way I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If flattening or expanding doesn't help (and I don't expect it to), take the pen tool and draw it. It's symmetrical, so you only need to draw one half.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

release compounnd paths and see what will happen??

it seeems that part is flattened. or rasterized!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines