• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush stroke correction/stabilization?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make vector portraits by tracing the ref image with the brush tool. That process is easy when I use Medibang Paint Pro, which has a Correction option in which you can make your lines smoother AS you draw. This causes the stroke to lag behind the pen and turn out much smoother while you're drawing the said stroke. My hands are a little shaky so it's quite a useful feature to have.

So far I've only seen solutions that suggest adjusting the Fidelity option, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Is there any way that the Correction feature translates into Illustrator?

I use Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 and a Wacom Intuos Draw tablet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

You can use plugins for that:

Dynamic Sketch (for a stabilized brush kind of tool)

ToolShed (for a stabilized pencil)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use plugins for that:

Dynamic Sketch (for a stabilized brush kind of tool)

ToolShed (for a stabilized pencil)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature is recently available in Photoshop, and indeed helps a lot to create more elegant curves.

Just like Paint Pro, Photoshop is a pixel-oriented application and can simply and quickly turn pixels into a color, and that's it. For a vector application to create anything in a similar freehand manner, it constantly needs to do a different kind of calculations to decide where to jot down these crucial anchor points and their directional handles. That's a totally different thing.

Hopefully those plugins Monika mentioned can yield a similar sense of vector elegance while drawing.

On a side note: many users of styluses are complaining about Photoshop working so slow, nowadays. So in fact, they're experiencing this intentional lag as a flaw ! They just need to bring the correction down to zero, but don't know of its existence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines